Nov 10th, '10, 01:43

Tingjunkie: OFFER- 1980's Hong Ni Yixing Pot- $50

by tingjunkie » Nov 10th, '10, 01:43

Well... between running out of room in the tea cabinet, and money spent on a recent car repair, I think it's time to thin out my Yixing collection. Up for grabs is a 1980's Shui Ping made from excellent quality hong ni!

The body of the pot is in perfect condition, but as you can see in the pics, the lid has been broken and repaired. I did the repair myself (see this thread for full details) using a non-toxic, 100% waterproof, safe up to 600 degrees F epoxy. The lid may look banged up on the inside, but from the outside when the lid is on the pot, you need very good lighting to tell it's broken at all. I can promise the epoxy doesn't smell, or effect the taste of the tea in any way. I have even had the lid submerged in boiling water for 2 hours, and it had no problems at all.

In addition, this single-holed pot will come fitted with one of my custom made 99.9% fine silver spout filters at no extra cost! Woohoo!

So, for those of you who want to step up and try excellent quality vintage clay for the price of a modern mass produced pot, then this is for you. The pot has been boiled, cleaned, primed, and is ready to go. Due to the damage, I'm letting this vintage pot go for $50 + shipping. The first person who sends me a PM with the promise to give her a good home gets her. All the pics and info are here...

Clay: Xiao Hong Ni. Med-high fired.
Shape: Shui Ping. Single hole spout.
Size: 155 ml
Age/Year: 1980's
Walls: Medium Thick
Pour: +/- 7 sec. Some drips if poured hard. Much better when poured gently.
Source: Acquired from a friend who collects Yixing pots.
Tea Pairing: Hong Ni like this can do almost any tea well. I think it would be particularly well suited to high mountain Taiwanese oolongs, high fire rolled oolong, or sheng puerh (young or aged).

Nov 10th, '10, 10:17
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tingjunkie: OFFER- 1980's Hong Ni Yixing Pot- $50

by brandon » Nov 10th, '10, 10:17

Godspeed little pot!

Nov 11th, '10, 01:08

Re: Tingjunkie: OFFER- 1980's Hong Ni Yixing Pot- $50

by tingjunkie » Nov 11th, '10, 01:08

And in less than 24 hours, we have a winner. :wink: Chip, please close the thread if you would be so kind!