Oct 27th, '10, 03:25

Re: China Cha Dao

by Alex » Oct 27th, '10, 03:25

That is just incredible!

Oct 27th, '10, 04:07

by David R. » Oct 27th, '10, 04:07

So, I have to ask : do they have a significant effect on tea apart from the real pleasure it must be to play with them ?

I figure that the quality of the porcelain must play a role but I wonder about the actual difference with another thin gaïwan.

Oct 27th, '10, 04:23

by Alex » Oct 27th, '10, 04:23

David R. wrote:So, I have to ask : do they have a significant effect on tea apart from the real pleasure it must be to play with them ?

I figure that the quality of the porcelain must play a role but I wonder about the actual difference with another thin gaïwan.
With a very high quality gaiwan its all in the feel. So light, so elegant and just a pleasure to use. The thinnest means the outer edge of the rim remains cool and easier to handle. But they wont interact with the tea. So to answer your question...No :)

Oct 28th, '10, 21:42

by finddream2020 » Oct 28th, '10, 21:42

Tobias wrote:I guess you need to start saving up for a rabbit gaiwan now.
Interesting! I think gaiwan is fit for Gongfu tea.

Nov 10th, '10, 02:48

by dangert » Nov 10th, '10, 02:48

I don't want to be the party spoiler, but my gaiwan shopping experience at China Cha Dao was different. I have ordered one of the cheaper hand painted gaiwans. It wasn't my first order from Jerry and the order itself contained several items. Unfortunately, due to careless packing and probably rough handling, the gaiwan arrived broken. Jerry promised me to replace the broken saucer, but ever since April it didn't happen. He also stopped to reply my emails. It's a pity, since I liked the store and was hoping to continue shopping in the future. Now, together with Sampan Tea, he is in my black list.
Attachments
broken_gaiwan.jpg
Broken gaiwan from China Cha Dao
broken_gaiwan.jpg (39.92 KiB) Viewed 3495 times

Nov 10th, '10, 02:56

by Alex » Nov 10th, '10, 02:56

I have to say that Jerry's packaging needs improving. I've had stuff so crushed from him but never broken. The boxes are only ever 1 layer thick card board. Unlike the ones from DTH which you can basically stand on and they wont crush.

Some else recently on here had a breakage from him. I'll email him and let him know.

Out of interest how were the more expensive ones packages guys?

Nov 10th, '10, 03:14

by dangert » Nov 10th, '10, 03:14

Zensuji wrote: Some else recently on here had a breakage from him. I'll email him and let him know.
Thanks, although I don't think it will help. I have sent him a link to my post in this thread. It is in part my fault - I should not have been that patient. For my future purchases I will let the seller one month to recover the situation and if he/she fails to do so, will issue an immediate request to a credit card company to return the payment and add the seller to my own black list.

Nov 10th, '10, 03:21

by Alex » Nov 10th, '10, 03:21

dangert wrote:
Zensuji wrote: Some else recently on here had a breakage from him. I'll email him and let him know.
Thanks, although I don't think it will help. I have sent him a link to my post in this thread. It is in part my fault - I should not have been that patient. For my future purchases I will let the seller one month to recover the situation and if he/she fails to do so, will issue an immediate request to a credit card company to return the payment and add the seller to my own black list.
I've always used paypal for these type of things. They always favour the buyer and I find as soon a dispute opens a resolve occurs.

Nov 10th, '10, 03:31

by dangert » Nov 10th, '10, 03:31

Zensuji wrote:I've always used paypal for these type of things. They always favour the buyer and I find as soon a dispute opens a resolve occurs.
I am too using PayPal. But I think that I can't open a dispute for a purchase made in April.

Nov 10th, '10, 03:57

by Alex » Nov 10th, '10, 03:57

dangert wrote:
Zensuji wrote:I've always used paypal for these type of things. They always favour the buyer and I find as soon a dispute opens a resolve occurs.
I am too using PayPal. But I think that I can't open a dispute for a purchase made in April.
No you have around 40 days I think. Then that's it.

Nov 11th, '10, 22:28

by britt » Nov 11th, '10, 22:28

If you make the purchase from Ebay and you're not satisfied, immediately leave China Cha Dao or any other seller a negative feedback. This gets an immediate response and forces them to act in a positive way. I have only used this on sellers who don't leave feedback until the buyer does. When a seller has a policy of leaving feedback once payment is made, and I think this is how it should be, I'm far more likely to contact them about a problem first. If a seller hasn't left feedback and there's a problem that I think should have been caught, they get an automatic negative. I may revise it later, but for sellers with excellent feedback ratings, this gets them moving to resolve the problem very quickly.

I left China Cha Dao a negative feedback earlier today. I opened the latest gaiwan this morning, one that I left unopened when I received it yesterday, only to find the wrong one in the box. It wasn't even close to the one I ordered. It was very nicely painted, possibly the best I've ever seen, but I didn't order a gaiwan with a pregnant Chinese woman on it! I'm not joking, this is what I received. There were 12 women painted on this gaiwan. The one I ordered had 6, none of whom were pregnant. The cool Chinese house was missing, the bamboo grove was missing, etc. This wasn't a veriation of the one I ordered but a completely different design.

I immediately left a negative feedback and quickly had a promise to work this out. When Jerry found out what I had, he stated that this one is more expensive than the one I ordered because it has 12 people painted on it. I believe him. So far we have no idea how I ended up with this one. I still think the painting is literally a masterpiece, just not one that I want to own.

I've received three orders from China Cha Dao and all of them were very well packaged and received in perfect condition. Each of the three gaiwans was in a cloth-covered box, which in turn was packed inside the cardboard shipping box. These boxes are fairly sturdy, better than many I've seen coming from mainland Chinese vendors. However, they do crush especially when an oversized box is used. I've repacked the latest gaiwan for return shipment in a double-strength Japanese box I received a yunomi in from 2000 Cranes. These boxes, along with the Japanese air-filled plastic bags, are just about bulletproof.

Nov 12th, '10, 03:02

by Alex » Nov 12th, '10, 03:02

I've received a wrongly painted gaiwan from this vendor as well. It all got sorted quickly though.

Nov 12th, '10, 09:59

by dangert » Nov 12th, '10, 09:59

britt wrote:If you make the purchase from Ebay and you're not satisfied, immediately leave China Cha Dao or any other seller a negative feedback.
From now on this is what I am going to do. No more mister nice guy. I usually order off-Ebay to get a discount, since both PayPal and credit card company offer insurance on payments and they can be cancelled (don't know the impact on seller though, they probably don't bother to deal with a seller until several hundreds USD).

I have ordered from Jerry many times and never had any problem. The way he dealt with broken gaiwan (promising a replacement for months and finally ignoring) was really unexpected. I left it slip for too much time, until cancellation against credit card company was not possible (3 months after purchase).

Nov 12th, '10, 12:11

by Alex » Nov 12th, '10, 12:11

Yeah not good. I emailed him RE sorting out some better boxes and not hear anything back. I even linked him to this thread so he could come in and add his side but he hasnt.

I'll still use him of course as I've had nothing but good service but I'll always watch my back even with my most trusted sellers.

Its all business at the end of the day.

This isnt directed at any vendor in particular but its a real shame when a small business doesnt understand the massive impact of small gestures of good customer service does for a business.

Nov 13th, '10, 20:51

by britt » Nov 13th, '10, 20:51

Jerry did contact me today and attempted to dictate the terms of the return, but without first coming to an agreement with me. I've also got the impression that the gaiwan I received is causing them some concern, maybe because it is much more expensive than the one I ordered. At this point, after reading the comments about the other side of his customer service, I intend on the return taking place on my terms, not his. He obviously would like the negative feedback removed, and I will certainly consider this but only if I feel he handles the situation in an approriate manner. He wants to issue the refund after the return and has not responded to whether he intends to cover the return shipping fees. He also wants this shipped to a USA address instead of to his own. Under the circumstances, I want the refund before I ship the gaiwan and I expect to be reimbursed for shipping costs both ways, as this is clearly his mistake.

+ Post Reply