Paypal!

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Nov 8th, '10, 12:33

Paypal!

by infamouskid » Nov 8th, '10, 12:33

if teashops online wish to increase volume and security in sales they should consider implementing paypal.
its the most recognizable and preferred payment method online.
it opens doors to new buyers who do not have a credit card and it offers fast check out options... all you need is your paypal username and password and bam... seller has his verified address and funds.

first tea shop online to offer this will get my business and the business of other curious soon to be tea drinkers too.

i do not understand why tea shops would skip this as a merchant or payment gateway altogether.

Nov 8th, '10, 13:10

Re: PAYPAL!

by TwoPynts » Nov 8th, '10, 13:10

infamouskid wrote:...i do not understand why tea shops would skip this as a merchant or payment gateway altogether.
Perhaps they feel paypal's fees are too high.
Or maybe they have read some of the online warnings like these.

http://www.google.com/search?q=why+not+ ... =firefox-a

Personally, I like using paypal, but I never do any really large payments through them, nor do I store money with them.

Nov 8th, '10, 14:09

by brose » Nov 8th, '10, 14:09

I personally avoid Paypal and ebay if at all possible. I had issues with a ~$200 transaction where they charged me a $400 fee. After hours on the phone with them they removed all fees after I had volunteered to pay the typical percentages. Something doesn't feel right about not paying at least a fair price to me. The customer service reps that I dealt with were not very friendly either.

Nov 8th, '10, 15:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Proinsias » Nov 8th, '10, 15:14

Nov 8th, '10, 18:18

by Herb_Master » Nov 8th, '10, 18:18

I have used paypal with numerous tea and teaware suppliers.

Nov 8th, '10, 18:57

by infamouskid » Nov 8th, '10, 18:57

paypal is great.
and like all online transactions problems only occur when certain guidelines are not met.
and it's pretty straight forward. send only to billing address. make sure package is registered and signed for. that's it.
i think both buyer and seller would want both options anyways.

Nov 8th, '10, 22:59

by Herb_Master » Nov 8th, '10, 22:59

It sounds like you work for Paypal, maybe a sales executive :lol:

Nov 8th, '10, 23:09

by AdamMY » Nov 8th, '10, 23:09

infamouskid wrote:send only to billing address.

Currently I rather prefer when vendors allow for a separate shipping address than billing address, and I have not placed orders from some vendors because of this. I understand why it sounds like a good idea, and I am likely going to be changing the address I have registered with the somewhat soon. But it is a feature that is appreciated with college students who often do not live in the same place for more than a year or two in a row, but often have their parents address listed with the bank.

Nov 8th, '10, 23:24
Vendor Member

by IPT » Nov 8th, '10, 23:24

I only use Paypal on my website and haven't had any problems, although I do agree with AdamMy about the shipping and billing addresses. I have this problem too. I often have customers who tell me, in an email, to ship the package to an address other than the one on their Paypal account and I haven't had any problems with that... yet. (Knocking on wood)

Nov 10th, '10, 03:55

by infamouskid » Nov 10th, '10, 03:55

IPT wrote:I only use Paypal on my website and haven't had any problems, although I do agree with AdamMy about the shipping and billing addresses. I have this problem too. I often have customers who tell me, in an email, to ship the package to an address other than the one on their Paypal account and I haven't had any problems with that... yet. (Knocking on wood)
whats your website?

Nov 10th, '10, 05:23
Vendor Member

by IPT » Nov 10th, '10, 05:23

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say, so if it's against the rules Chip please delete it.

http://www.chinese-tea-culture.com

Nov 10th, '10, 10:03

by TwoPynts » Nov 10th, '10, 10:03

IPT wrote:I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say, so if it's against the rules Chip please delete it.

IPT's TGY oolongs are quite good, as some of us can vouch. :wink:

Nov 10th, '10, 20:42
Vendor Member

by IPT » Nov 10th, '10, 20:42

Thank you so much TwoPynts!

Nov 11th, '10, 11:55

by bsteele » Nov 11th, '10, 11:55

IPT wrote:I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say, so if it's against the rules Chip please delete it.

Glad to now know of your site!

And about Paypal. As a consumer, I like having the option to use it. But I have plastic so it's not that big of a deal if someone doesn't offer Paypal.

Paypal can be pretty sucky at times and I can understand businesses not wanting to use it. They are pretty notorious for extra fees, withholding money for because of "suspicious activity"... And at any time, they can decide to never give you their money if they think something sketchy is going on... even if it's all legit.

For a recent (non-tea) example of Paypal woes, check out the problems Notch, the creator of Minecraft, has had.

Nov 11th, '10, 12:39

by nickE » Nov 11th, '10, 12:39

bsteele wrote: For a recent (non-tea) example of Paypal woes, check out the problems Notch, the creator of Minecraft, has had.
A fellow Minecraft player? :mrgreen: Actually I don't play too much anymore, haha. Anyway, the sums of money in that situation were pretty astronomical (something like 600k euros?).

Personally I'm a pretty big fan of PayPal.

+ Post Reply