Nov 5th, '10, 08:51

Re: new products of shouzhen workshop/Cheng(2010-1-20))

by finddream2020 » Nov 5th, '10, 08:51

Chip wrote:I have had a discussion with Chen and have addressed all my concerns. I am satisfied with the results as long as she follows through which I believe she will.

Thank you, Chip.
I promise to follow the rules here! :D Sorry about the trouble I caused!

Nov 5th, '10, 08:55
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Nov 5th, '10, 08:55

Good to keep you here. Hopefully you will find time to give us more insight to the workings of a Yixing potter.

Nov 5th, '10, 11:22

by finddream2020 » Nov 5th, '10, 11:22

Herb_Master wrote:Good to keep you here. Hopefully you will find time to give us more insight to the workings of a Yixing potter.
Thank you very much! It's very kind of you to say that. :)
I will provide some pics as you mentioned recently, but right now I'm a little busy. I will PM you if I post these pics! :D

Nov 10th, '10, 14:36

by Herb_Master » Nov 10th, '10, 14:36

Do you have any photos of Luni Teapots from your father's workshop?

Nov 11th, '10, 09:30

by finddream2020 » Nov 11th, '10, 09:30

Herb_Master wrote:Do you have any photos of Luni Teapots from your father's workshop?
As I said before, luni is duanni, they are the same. :D

Nov 11th, '10, 21:44

by Herb_Master » Nov 11th, '10, 21:44

finddream2020 wrote:
Herb_Master wrote:Do you have any photos of Luni Teapots from your father's workshop?
As I said before, luni is duanni, they are the same. :D
Do you still have stocks of the non-green Duanni ?

I am keen to explore further the different properties of different yixing clays and am considering buying at least one more pot from you - maybe 2 or even 3.
The only trouble is I don't want to pay wholly hand made prices and the models currently exhibited on your site are alittle larger than the size that I would like.

My apologies in advance if I am out of order but I have started a thread to see if anyone else would be interested in a smaller sized pot from Shouzhen http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14392

Please feel free to comment on any errors that I may have made in my suppositions :oops:

Nov 11th, '10, 21:53

by TokyoB » Nov 11th, '10, 21:53

Sorry but are the luni/duanni pots posted on your website? I couldn't easily find any.
Thanks.

Nov 16th, '10, 07:12

by finddream2020 » Nov 16th, '10, 07:12

Herb_Master wrote: Do you still have stocks of the non-green Duanni ?

I am keen to explore further the different properties of different yixing clays and am considering buying at least one more pot from you - maybe 2 or even 3.
The only trouble is I don't want to pay wholly hand made prices and the models currently exhibited on your site are alittle larger than the size that I would like.

My apologies in advance if I am out of order but I have started a thread to see if anyone else would be interested in a smaller sized pot from Shouzhen http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14392

Please feel free to comment on any errors that I may have made in my suppositions :oops:

I'm sorry that I haven't been Teachat for a long while, and I saw your reply just now.

Does non-green duanni means yellow duanni? I have all kinds of yuankuang duanni right now,and "yuankuang" means natural clay.

The question is, waht size and which type do you want? :D

Nov 16th, '10, 07:33

by finddream2020 » Nov 16th, '10, 07:33

TokyoB wrote:Sorry but are the luni/duanni pots posted on your website? I couldn't easily find any.
Thanks.
I'm sorry that I was busy recently and I came back to Teachat just now.

Yes, there are duanni pots on the website.

They are guayu, teapot-exquisite Flower, and I will add new products these days. You can search by these names, because it is not suitable for me to post links to my website. :D

In addition, you can order a pot in duanni if you like.

Nov 16th, '10, 13:30

by Herb_Master » Nov 16th, '10, 13:30

finddream2020 wrote:
Herb_Master wrote: The question is, waht size and which type do you want? :D
I had been hoping that perhaps your father could introduce some new smaller models - hence the reason why I started this thread

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14392

This shows (and mirrors many comments elsewhere in TeaChat) that favoured styles are

Fang Gu
Duo Qiu
Shi Pao
Shui Pin

In the absence of these appearing in the near time, I have answered your PM in detail (but I forgot to mention Fang Gu)

If this could be made in Qing Hui Ni or Duan Ni it would probably go to the top of my list.

The points that I made in response to your PM, but more importantly the answers that you give, may be of interest to many more teachatters. Perhaps you would consider sharing that information, or some of it, on this thread.

You mention

Nov 16th, '10, 13:59

by Herb_Master » Nov 16th, '10, 13:59

finddream2020 wrote:
I have all kinds of yuankuang duanni right now,and "yuankuang" means natural clay.
wow, several types :shock:
I am a novice at trying to understand Zisha Clays :(

I have read in various sources that Duanni can be good for certain types of tea because it softens them and eases out harshness.

one clay called 'Tiao Sha Duan Ni' is quoted as
Because the clay is tender, this Yixing teapot will also be good for black tea or heavily fermented and raosted oolong tea like Wu Yi oolong tea or traditional Anxi oolong teas.
http://www.jingteashop.com/pd-jing-tea- ... pot-hl.cfm

another called 'Zhi Ma Duan Ni'
Because the Zhi Sha is a tender Zhi Ma Duan Ni, this Yixing teapot may also be used for White tea and especially Bai Mu Dan, Puerh tea, and black tea.
http://www.jingteashop.com/pd-jing-tea- ... ao-pin.cfm

another called 'Lao Duan Ni'
but the photo shows a glossier less grainy texture :roll:
Old Duan Ni clay comes from the Yellow Dragon mountain mine in Yixing county of Jiangsu province. It brews tea that is soft, smooth, and great tasting. Over time brewing tea gives the teapot a highly pleasing bright color. This type of clay is extremely rare. It produces excellent tasting tea and is highly acclaimed.

Mining area: Yellow Dragon mountain of Yixing city
Kiln temperature: approx. 950 C.
Contraction: approx. 50%-60%.

Appropriate for brewing: fresh Oolong teas (light roasted types) are extremely well-suited, Tie Guan Yin (medium roasted or highly roasted types), various kinds of Pu-erh.
http://www.yunnansourcing.com/store/pro ... roduct=869

another quotes Sesame Duanni as being Zhi Ma Duanni but again the photo shows a much glossier looking finish
"Sesame" Duan Ni clay is a special Duan Ni clay type, fired at a high temperature of 1200C. .............
Clay Type:Zhi Ma (Sesame) Duan Ni clay
http://www.yunnansourcing.com/store/pro ... roduct=681

finally
Burnt DuanNi
This pot is made from burnt "Old Dragon Kiln" style fired Duan Ni clay. The process involves a firing time of three days and three nights, this is a special high-temperature process which creates a subtle raised clay effect and a high porous teapot which seasons well with use........... ..........

Appropriate for brewing: fresh Oolong teas (light roasted types) are extremely well-suited, Tie Guan Yin (medium roasted or highly roasted types), various kinds of Pu-erh.
http://www.yunnansourcing.com/store/pro ... oduct=1230

So if you say you have several types of Duan Ni what are their different properties, how will I know which one to ask for in my order?

Aug 7th, '11, 04:16

by Maxwell2079 » Aug 7th, '11, 04:16

Hello Miss Chen/ Hello everybody,

I am new to the chat and I've been reading many posts about pots and other stuff. I am very happy to have found this forum. Many knowledgeable people in teachat.
Anyway, I am not sure if this is the right post to ask you about your products, I hope it is. If not, anyone, feel free to let me know please.

Chen, regarding the quality of your clays. What types do you have available at the moment and which is the best in terms of quality in your opinion?

Is the quality of your semi-hand made and completely hand-made pots the same?

Regarding your available clays which one do you recommend for young/aged sheng and shou puerh ? I think I read in some thread ( I 've been reading so many posts already that I am not sure in which one) that your 'gold sand' di cao qing was your best clay for these types of teas, correct?

Aug 8th, '11, 23:32

by finddream2020 » Aug 8th, '11, 23:32

Maxwell2079 wrote:Hello Miss Chen/ Hello everybody,

I am new to the chat and I've been reading many posts about pots and other stuff. I am very happy to have found this forum. Many knowledgeable people in teachat.
Anyway, I am not sure if this is the right post to ask you about your products, I hope it is. If not, anyone, feel free to let me know please.

Chen, regarding the quality of your clays. What types do you have available at the moment and which is the best in terms of quality in your opinion?

Is the quality of your semi-hand made and completely hand-made pots the same?

Regarding your available clays which one do you recommend for young/aged sheng and shou puerh ? I think I read in some thread ( I 've been reading so many posts already that I am not sure in which one) that your 'gold sand' di cao qing was your best clay for these types of teas, correct?

Hi, thank you so much to post here. :D

We have almost every clays except deep green clay. Di cao qing is the clay from the bottom of Huang Long Shan Mountain.

Yes, the semi-handmade teapots have the same quality with all-by-hand-made teapots.

I recommend duan ni clay and di cao qing for puerh tea. : ) I also think zhu ni is best for oolong tea.

Aug 9th, '11, 22:36

by Maxwell2079 » Aug 9th, '11, 22:36

Thank you for your reply Chen.

Sep 4th, '11, 19:34

by Herb_Master » Sep 4th, '11, 19:34

I am quite impressed with the new qiu shui teapot

Can you give us any detailed information

how does Qiu Shui translate ?

Is this a well known traditional shape?

+ Post Reply