Am I Crazy??? Special Teas is TEAVANA in disguise?

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Dec 12th, '09, 00:28
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Am I Crazy??? Special Teas is TEAVANA in disguise?

by Chip » Dec 12th, '09, 00:28

Janine wrote:I don't get it. Companies have to be publicly disclosed in terms of incorporation and ownership don't they?
Well, not even Intuit could sniff them out ... :D

It required some skill and knowledge where to look beyond my ability. Although I have pdf copies of legal documents, I would likely ask the source for permission first ... and again for the record, this source has never been, nor will never be, in the employ of either entity.

Dec 12th, '09, 11:10

by kymidwife » Dec 12th, '09, 11:10

Jerrrrrrrry Jerrrrrrry Jerrrrrrry Jerrrrrrry :lol: :lol: :lol:

Does this make Chip the stage bouncer?

Dec 12th, '09, 12:37

by Janine » Dec 12th, '09, 12:37

Thanks, Chip -- So does anyone know if these companies are privately or publicly held? I'd be interested to know...

actually, now I'm curious. Is Adagio a privately or publicly held company? (Is its stock traded? etc)

Dec 12th, '09, 21:38

by chris&amy » Dec 12th, '09, 21:38

I was just told that Teavana and Special Teas are sister companies.....The person that told me this said he asked upper management about it and that was the answer they gave him. Also told me that Special Teas was a little cheaper than Teavana.

Chris

May 27th, '10, 00:01

by Pisces » May 27th, '10, 00:01

Yes,this is really horrible situation. Does Tevana lie to us or Special tea?!!Or both of them?!
Someboday can tell me who's tea cheaper? Teavana? or Special tea?
If Special tea's price cheaper than Teavana, what I'm thinking is, is that possible, Teavana buy tea from another country ,then Specail tea receive the proudcts,so the supplier from another country never get the money from them,But they can get the tea.Then They can sell the tea for all of you always 100% profit?!!!!!!!!!!! My god!!!!if it's real,could be very crazy!!!

May 27th, '10, 00:18

by bsteele » May 27th, '10, 00:18

Pisces wrote:Yes,this is really horrible situation. Does Tevana lie to us or Special tea?!!Or both of them?!
Someboday can tell me who's tea cheaper? Teavana? or Special tea?
If Special tea's price cheaper than Teavana, what I'm thinking is, is that possible, Teavana buy tea from another country ,then Specail tea receive the proudcts,so the supplier from another country never get the money from them,But they can get the tea.Then They can sell the tea for all of you always 100% profit?!!!!!!!!!!! My god!!!!if it's real,could be very crazy!!!
Oh the HORROR!!!

That's why I stick to bacon. No confusion with bacon.

Oct 1st, '10, 13:49

by gooselicker » Oct 1st, '10, 13:49

In February of 2011 there will no longer be a Special Teas......they are fully merging with Teavana.....and only focuse on Teavana blends.....no more Lapsang...or Yashodhara......or anything good for that matter. :(

Oct 1st, '10, 14:26

by Chip » Oct 1st, '10, 14:26

gooselicker wrote:In February of 2011 there will no longer be a Special Teas......they are fully merging with Teavana.....and only focuse on Teavana blends.....no more Lapsang...or Yashodhara......or anything good for that matter. :(
To the bitter end, they are not acknowledging the Teavana link. They are closing the special teas brand is their wording.

Nov 5th, '10, 11:40

by misteaque » Nov 5th, '10, 11:40

Specialteas is in fact owned by teavana indirectly. It is actually owned by "ST acquisition company", whom Andy Mack is a director and also the owner of Teavana. Both addresses are the same http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?1272722
and
http://www.concord-sots.ct.gov/CONCORD/ ... let&eid=99

Both list Andy Mack as either Ceo or Director and dan glennon as directors of both.

Teavana is registered under 4 corporate entities in the state of Ga.. Teavana international is located at the matching address but Teavana Corp is located at peachtree rd NE in stead of lennox (across from the lennox mall in Atlanta).

Enjoy the truth =o)

Nov 15th, '10, 02:57

by The3clipser » Nov 15th, '10, 02:57

This would explain why my boss told me to go there when I asked for gunpowder tea and we didn't carry any...

So does anyone know where I can get some gunpowder tea? :lol:

Jan 25th, '11, 00:51

by heatwaves » Jan 25th, '11, 00:51

It happened. You were all correct.

Today Specialteas officially merged into Teavana. If you visit the Specialteas website it now redirects you to Teavana.

This really sucks for obvious reasons. I previously bought wholesale from Specialteas, but Teavana will only offer their exorbitant retail prices. The tea I purchased the most was $6.50 a pound. On Teavana it's $36.

Damn.

Mar 25th, '11, 19:07

by Mary R » Mar 25th, '11, 19:07

Argh! This is why I should lurk more frequently on the TeaChat forums. I bought a lot of stuff through SpecialTeas, and when I went to order my favorite stuff today found they were now 100% Teavana.

Horrors. Not only are my favorite blends gone, but the resultant prices are far too high for my grad student salary to manage.

Back to blending herbs from the local hippie store for me...

+ Post Reply