HAGI SO 13 "Tempest"

Artisan Teaware Special Offer Program

Nov 17th, '10, 17:47
Scrolling: scrolling

HAGI SO 13 "Tempest"

by Chip » Nov 17th, '10, 17:47

EDIT: SOLD OUT!!! Check out the next SO!

Welcome to Hagi SO 13 "Tempest"
Hopefully you have been following along as we discussed the upcoming Hagi SO 13 "Tempest."

It appears the question about Mago being able to ship has been resolved, not sure if your following the shipping restriction from Japan topic?!?

I think this SO 13 is a real beauty, yet stormy. Have you ever watched a storm approaching and thought it was beautiful? I find this to be an extreme Hagi SO. Also a very limited run of 20 pieces total.

The basics ...

The artisan is Yamane Seigan who is able to offer such diversity to our Hagi SO program.

This is the same SO custom shape of SO 8, but proportionately larger, 3.5 - 3.75" wide. I love this shape! I think it will hold about 4 ounces.

It also has a choice of two different foot options, the same foot (kuodai) of SO 8 or the notched foot (Wari Kuodai), either is very complimentary to this piece.

Here is my photobucket http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll60 ... O%2013%20/

And Wari Kuodai (EDIT: all Wari Kuodai version pieces are sold!)Image
Remember, there are ONLY 5 (actually 4, heh ... so do not choose #5 :wink: ) of these Wari Kuodai "Tempests." Unfortunately, not everyone who wants a Wari Kuodai version will get one. So INCLUDE NON WARI KUODAI OPTIONS AS WELL!!!

The clay is super oni hagi, verrrry rough, very extreme. This adds to the unique beauty of this SO.

And the glaze is extreme Sansai and the extreme Oni Hagi (super rough sand/clay) definitely accentuates this.

The results are awesome! Don't you think? I have seen a fair number of sansai, but nothing like these! I cannot wait to get one in my hands!

There are 15 pieces of the foot like SO 8. So 20 pieces total! The last 5 pieces in my photobucket are the Wari Kuodai (notched foot).

Cost. TC Hagi SO per piece cost 50 USD for the 15 more traditional footed pieces. And 55 USD each for the 5 notched footed pieces.

Shipping will be EMS (express) or the budget airmail SAL. I am recommending EMS as it is fastest, guaranteed, trackable. SAL is a bit slower, not guaranteed, and not trackable. Both are very reliable, but you must be willing to accept the risk if choosing SAL.

1 work SAL (7.50$). EMS-US (21$). EMS-EU (25$).
2 works SAL (13.50$). EMS-US (30$). EMS-EU (35$).

WHEN ORDERING by PMing me, PLEASE BE SURE TO STATE THE ITEM NUMBER FROM THE PHOTO WHICH WILL TELL ME WHICH FOOT YOU WANT. There are two different each of #1-5!!!

Send at least 3 selections. If you want more than one, send at least 5 selections. I will make sure members get one before anyone gets a second.

As always, I will need confirmation of the following with your PM. Mago requires this step which is a pretty good idea ...

Your choices in order of preference/quantity wanted
User name
Full name
Shipping address
Shipping method
paypal email address
Special instructions

I hope you enjoy this Hagi!
Chip

Nov 17th, '10, 17:59

Re: NEW!!! HAGI SO 13 "Tempest"

by Chip » Nov 17th, '10, 17:59

ORDERING INFO and GENERAL INFO regarding Hagi SO 13 "Tempest"

Hi, me again, so you know how to order (if you participated in past offers, just humor me and let me remind you ). I did not want the simple procedure to get lost in that long rambling post. 8)

There may be a change or two this time around, so read even if you have previously participated in a HAGI SO!!!

Ordering is pretty simple. This is the way it must be done per the vendor's request. Thanks for your cooperation.

1) Pick your piece by number. Also choose at least 3 alternates in order of preference. Get this to me ASAP. This will likely sell out very quickly. Some SO's sell out in less than 30 minutes, some in a day ... !!!

If you want 2 pieces, you can order 2 but your second one will be pending satisfying others' requests for one. Include 3 or more alternates for the second selection.

Ordering is based on first come, first served. Unfortunately, it is inevitable that all members will not be successful, and be disappointed. The SO's have all sold out very quickly (except SO 9 and 11). The good news, there will be a future SO very soon!

As always, a primary criteria of this SO, the seller requires your order to be channeled through your friendly TeaChat Moderator. :mrgreen: You will interfere with the flow of the process if you attempt to contact the seller directly regarding your SO order. You will be contacted by the seller in due course, so please be patient.

2) PM me with your preorder including the item numbers, your user name, your actual name and shipping address, your paypal email, and your shipping choice.

3) I will sort things out and PM the results of your request.

If you are intending to combine your SO order with an ebay purchase from the seller Magokorodo, PM this to me at this time!!!

4) After tabulating all the orders, I will forward your order along with all the others to the vendor.

5) Member paypal payments may be handled a little differently this time around (and in the future) as we try to find more efficient ways to handle the SO payment process that will save the seller valuable time. This is critical as the strong Yen has placed pressures upon the seller.

You will be notified by me directly of possible changes and actual process. But payments will be via paypal! If you do not have a paypal account, it is easy to create one at paypal.com.

6) The seller ships items directly to you from Japan. This vendor is highly reputable and shipping from Japan is safe and easy.

7) You receive your order and enjoy for the rest of your life!!! :mrgreen:

Nov 17th, '10, 18:13

by Drax » Nov 17th, '10, 18:13

Hrm, seems to be a surprising dearth of discussion post-opening here...

Being new to hagiyaki, I don't own a three-color type yet, so good news for me :D and being a fan of cool colors helps, too, hehe :mrgreen:

Nov 17th, '10, 18:17

by Chip » Nov 17th, '10, 18:17

No more Wari Kuodai (notch footed)! Currently eight are interested. :(

Nov 17th, '10, 18:19

by Geekgirl » Nov 17th, '10, 18:19

:shock:
:lol:

What did Seigan expect?! Only making 5 - he did that just to torment us. Ha!

Nov 17th, '10, 18:24

by artmom » Nov 17th, '10, 18:24

I'm an old lady -- I took a nap! :shock: :oops:

Nov 17th, '10, 18:40

by Chip » Nov 17th, '10, 18:40

Well, the five Wari Kuodai was a test to see if members wanted them. The answer is yes.

Pieces still available ... 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 14.

That is six beautifully tempestuous pieces!

Nov 17th, '10, 21:20

by debunix » Nov 17th, '10, 21:20

PM sent. Should be less than six left now....

Nov 17th, '10, 22:03

by Chip » Nov 17th, '10, 22:03

Pieces still available ... 4, 7, 12, 14.

That is FOUR beautifully tempestuous pieces!

Nov 18th, '10, 10:52

by Chip » Nov 18th, '10, 10:52

Pieces still available ... 4, 7, 12.

That is THREE beautifully tempestuous pieces!

Nov 18th, '10, 16:30

by Chip » Nov 18th, '10, 16:30

Pieces still available ... 4 and 7

That is ONLY TWO beautifully tempestuous pieces!
:mrgreen:

Nov 18th, '10, 17:08

by Drax » Nov 18th, '10, 17:08

You know, Chip, I think we could use this data to come up with a half-life for hagi...

Nov 19th, '10, 13:38

by Chip » Nov 19th, '10, 13:38

Drax wrote:You know, Chip, I think we could use this data to come up with a half-life for hagi...

Hmmm, nobody makes these fly like TCers! :mrgreen:

All order information for members' Hagi SO 13 orders to date have been forwarded to Mago. Since they are around 14 hours ahead of us, Mago may or may not email participants before Monday. I guess depends on whether they are working this weekend.

And yes, there are still TWO pieces available, a very interesting #4 and a very wabi #7. PM me if interested in either of these limited run pieces ... or both.
:mrgreen:

Nov 20th, '10, 10:35

by Chip » Nov 20th, '10, 10:35

And then there was only ONE remaining! #4 is very unique and will make someone very happy!

Don't miss this opportunity to pick up the very last of these exclusive SO 13 "Tempests!" PM me if interested, first comer gets it! :mrgreen:

Nov 21st, '10, 16:46

by Chip » Nov 21st, '10, 16:46

SO "Tempest" is now Sold Out! Please check out the next SO! :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply