Shigaraki & Sheng

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Nov 19th, '10, 07:13

Shigaraki & Sheng

by Ambrose » Nov 19th, '10, 07:13

WOW I am blown away at how wonderful this session has been!!! Im drinking my favorite menghai recipe 7532. This is the 09, I know I know its very young I usually dont drink tea this young but oh well.

I usually brew my sheng in my yixing Qing Hui Ni Clay "Shi Piao" Yixing Clay Teapot
http://www.yunnansourcing.com/store/pro ... roduct=769

The tea from shigaraki was smooth very tasty lots of enhanced flavor and a deep long after taste in the throat and mouth. :D

I did a side by side with my yixing and it was very smooth but dead flat and no aftertaste.

The shigaraki pot won by miles in my personal opinion.

Anyone else try sheng in their shigaraki?

Nov 19th, '10, 07:45

Re: Shigaraki & Sheng

by auhckw » Nov 19th, '10, 07:45

Wow... Is this the answer to a both of best world pot? Smooth + Maintain Flavor and Aroma :roll:

Nov 19th, '10, 08:42

by Ambrose » Nov 19th, '10, 08:42

So far I think so yes indeed! Ive been in communication with Mr Akira. He is the one who recommend me to brew the sheng in my shigaraki. We are also speaking of the sado clay made by tazo. This is straight from our last conversion.
For the Sado red clay, it does make the after taste much stronger than glass teapot. However the intensity of after taste as compared to Shigaraki is a little weaker.
However Sado clay brings up the aroma. If your raw puerh is very rich in flavor, you would enjoy the effect with Sado.
The sado pots interest me because of their size and shape.

Nov 19th, '10, 08:49

by David R. » Nov 19th, '10, 08:49

Wonderful. These pots look amazing really. I am looking forward to hearing more feedbacks.

Maybe your YS pot was not the best match for sheng puerh ? Have you tried side to side comparison with a gaiwan ?

Nov 19th, '10, 09:06

by auhckw » Nov 19th, '10, 09:06

Ambrose wrote:So far I think so yes indeed! Ive been in communication with Mr Akira. He is the one who recommend me to brew the sheng in my shigaraki. We are also speaking of the sado clay made by tazo. This is straight from our last conversion.
For the Sado red clay, it does make the after taste much stronger than glass teapot. However the intensity of after taste as compared to Shigaraki is a little weaker.
However Sado clay brings up the aroma. If your raw puerh is very rich in flavor, you would enjoy the effect with Sado.
I've emailed him some questions about Sado, here is one of the questions I asked:-

Me: Since I have got Purple clay and Shigaraki clay, do I really need Sado red clay?

Hojo: I think not necessary. Shigaraki clay is very superior clay than any other clay that I have.

Nov 19th, '10, 15:55

by Ambrose » Nov 19th, '10, 15:55

David R. wrote:Wonderful. These pots look amazing really. I am looking forward to hearing more feedbacks.

Maybe your YS pot was not the best match for sheng puerh ? Have you tried side to side comparison with a gaiwan ?

My yixing to gaiwan the yixing is better. :)

Nov 19th, '10, 15:59

by Ambrose » Nov 19th, '10, 15:59

auhckw wrote:
Ambrose wrote:So far I think so yes indeed! Ive been in communication with Mr Akira. He is the one who recommend me to brew the sheng in my shigaraki. We are also speaking of the sado clay made by tazo. This is straight from our last conversion.
I've emailed him some questions about Sado, here is one of the questions I asked:-

Me: Since I have got Purple clay and Shigaraki clay, do I really need Sado red clay?

Hojo: I think not necessary. Shigaraki clay is very superior clay than any other clay that I have.
Nice! Mr Akira also recommends to me the shigaraki over sado. He said I should instead save my money and use it on tea :D

+ Post Reply