Official what Black (Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?


Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby entropyembrace » Nov 17th, '10, 03:02

Tead Off wrote:MIM Silver Blossoms Darjeeling. Primarily whole leaves. Organic.
MIM Silver Blossoms.jpg


where did you find that? I haven´t seem Mim in a long time! :shock:
User avatar
entropyembrace
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mar 3rd, '0

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby Tead Off » Nov 17th, '10, 05:32

entropyembrace wrote:
Tead Off wrote:MIM Silver Blossoms Darjeeling. Primarily whole leaves. Organic.
MIM Silver Blossoms.jpg


where did you find that? I haven´t seem Mim in a long time! :shock:

I bought it in Darjeeling at the Darjeeling Tea Corner. They seem to be the only retail outlet for Mim's higher end production. They told me most of it is sold directly to German and Japanese distributors. This is a high mountain tea garden producing organic tea and is connected to the government somehow. These are some of the best teas I found.
User avatar
Tead Off
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 3451
Joined: Apr 1st, '0
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby entropyembrace » Nov 17th, '10, 15:15

Tead Off wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:
Tead Off wrote:MIM Silver Blossoms Darjeeling. Primarily whole leaves. Organic.
MIM Silver Blossoms.jpg


where did you find that? I haven´t seem Mim in a long time! :shock:

I bought it in Darjeeling at the Darjeeling Tea Corner. They seem to be the only retail outlet for Mim's higher end production. They told me most of it is sold directly to German and Japanese distributors. This is a high mountain tea garden producing organic tea and is connected to the government somehow. These are some of the best teas I found.


Mim was my first darjeeling tea but I´ve never seen any of it for years. :(

I´m not likely to travel to Darjeeling any time soon either :?
User avatar
entropyembrace
 
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mar 3rd, '0

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby TwoPynts » Nov 17th, '10, 15:59

Adagio's Masters Yunnan Golden Curls blessing my cup with its presence today.
User avatar
TwoPynts
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Jul 9th, '1
Location: Florida

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby Tead Off » Nov 18th, '10, 01:21

entropyembrace wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
entropyembrace wrote:
Tead Off wrote:MIM Silver Blossoms Darjeeling. Primarily whole leaves. Organic.
MIM Silver Blossoms.jpg


where did you find that? I haven´t seem Mim in a long time! :shock:

I bought it in Darjeeling at the Darjeeling Tea Corner. They seem to be the only retail outlet for Mim's higher end production. They told me most of it is sold directly to German and Japanese distributors. This is a high mountain tea garden producing organic tea and is connected to the government somehow. These are some of the best teas I found.


Mim was my first darjeeling tea but I´ve never seen any of it for years. :(

I´m not likely to travel to Darjeeling any time soon either :?

I don't have an email or website, but, here is the phone # +91 3542254079
User avatar
Tead Off
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 3451
Joined: Apr 1st, '0
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby TwoPynts » Nov 18th, '10, 15:09

2009 Yunnan Pure Small Bud "Gold Tips" from Jas again today.
I'm on a darker tea kick this week it would seem.
:)
User avatar
TwoPynts
 
Posts: 875
Joined: Jul 9th, '1
Location: Florida

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby NOESIS » Nov 18th, '10, 16:30

Bohea Lapsang Supreme.
NOESIS
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th, '
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby AdamMY » Nov 18th, '10, 21:30

Having the last of the Yixing Red I have from the Mandarins Tea Room. Sadly this also means the last of all the Red tea I have on hand, I will be watching this thread for many more idea's for places to get red teas.
User avatar
AdamMY
 
Posts: 2363
Joined: Jul 22nd, '
Location: Capital of the Mitten

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby Tead Off » Nov 22nd, '10, 02:16

Thurbo 1st flush Oolong. Is it really different from other 1st flush Darjeelings? Certainly nothing like a Chinese oolong either in taste, aroma, or visually inspecting the leaf. But, exceptionally delicious. Organic.
Thurbo 1st flush Oolong.jpg
Great looking leaves.
Thurbo 1st flush Oolong.jpg (179.32 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
User avatar
Tead Off
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 3451
Joined: Apr 1st, '0
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby Tead Off » Nov 23rd, '10, 01:48

Turzum 2nd flush Organic. Great color, leaves, and, muscatel flavor. One of the best 2nd flush teas I've had this season.
Turzum 2nd flush.jpg
many whole leaves, some broken
Turzum 2nd flush.jpg (169.89 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
User avatar
Tead Off
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 3451
Joined: Apr 1st, '0
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby IPT » Nov 23rd, '10, 02:08

I'm drinking some Yixing HongCha. Yummy!
User avatar
IPT
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 1556
Joined: Nov 13th, '
Location: Guilin, Guangxi China

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby NOESIS » Nov 23rd, '10, 19:14

Tead Off wrote:Turzum 2nd flush Organic. Great color, leaves, and, muscatel flavor. One of the best 2nd flush teas I've had this season.


Agreed. That's an excellent 2nd flush darj. I got mine from Tea Emporium. :wink:

Currently sipping some Imperial Mojiang Golden Bud Yunnan from YS. Drinking it western-style this afternoon, but seems to perform best in my 100ml gaiwan, using gongfu.
NOESIS
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th, '
Location: Nor Cal

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby Proinsias » Nov 23rd, '10, 20:16

Yunnan Red Cloud from Postcard Teas for the past few days. Nothing spectacular but a really nice red tea for the price. One of the few teas that has gotten a great reaction from non tea heads: my wife, dad and a few friends. Some notes reminiscent of Tim's jin jun mai but without the expense, and much of the flair.

I've been brewing it in a gaiwan but I think I'll stick the last of it into my qimen pot when I get a chance.
Proinsias
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mar 19th, '
Location: On the couch

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby Tead Off » Nov 24th, '10, 01:39

Darjeeling Gopaldhara 2nd flush Wonder Tea. Ever see 2nd flush leaves that looked like this? As you can imagine, tastes more like a 1st flush with all those frosty haired leaves.
Gopaldhara 2nd flush Wonder Tea.jpg
Love those leaves
Gopaldhara 2nd flush Wonder Tea.jpg (189.66 KiB) Viewed 1685 times

Gopaldhara 2nd flush Wonder tea wet.jpg
Gopaldhara 2nd flush Wonder tea wet.jpg (179.47 KiB) Viewed 1685 times
User avatar
Tead Off
Vendor Member
 
Posts: 3451
Joined: Apr 1st, '0
Location: Bangkok

Re: What Black(Red) Tea Are You Drinking Right Now?

Postby NOESIS » Nov 28th, '10, 03:33

Darjeeling FF Singbulli Estate. Very well balanced cup.
NOESIS
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Dec 29th, '
Location: Nor Cal

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot post attachments
Navigation