need help finding a tea merchant online.

For general/other topics related to tea.

Nov 24th, '10, 16:50

need help finding a tea merchant online.

by infamouskid » Nov 24th, '10, 16:50

hey all of you.

as some of you have seen i have been searching for a tea merchant online that accepts paypal. i do frequent business online from my own commerce site and i always have paypal dollars at the ready. i am looking for a merchant that carries the following or can make the following blend AND accept paypal.

English Breakfast tea
Assam Black tea
Irish Breakfast tea
Pu-erh tea
Lychee black tea

these are the teas i need. and remember the merchant must accept paypal. if any of you seller out there can see this PLEASE consider adding paypal as an option to buyers. you are turning away many potential customers who either prefer paypal or do not have plastic payment options.

Nov 24th, '10, 17:02
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: need help finding a tea merchant online.

by Proinsias » Nov 24th, '10, 17:02

ebay?

There's certainly plenty pu'er and Chinese tea in general on the 'bay

Dragon Tea House has tons of pu & a lychee black and comes with high recommendation:
http://stores.ebay.com/Dragon-Tea-House

not sure about the blends and Indian teas but I get the feeling they're on the bay somewhere.

Lochan are usually pretty good for Indian tea and accept paypal but they don't seem to have any Assam atm.
http://shop.lochantea.com

Best of luck

Nov 24th, '10, 17:16

by infamouskid » Nov 24th, '10, 17:16

i was more hoping to buy all the stuff i need from 1 place.
i will take not of your info in case everything else fails.
i just find it a little ridiculous that the most used online preferred payment option is not offered by the bigger tea sites online.
this will not only boost sales but it'll also attract new customers that already use paypal or cannot use a credit card.
also i try to stick to shopping at one place since shipping to canada is pretty high. i want to avoid paying shipping to multiple places at all costs.

Nov 24th, '10, 17:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by Proinsias » Nov 24th, '10, 17:21

I tend to associate paypal with small businesses, once a business hits a certain size it often stops using paypal. It's great for buyers but expensive and a pain for sellers, from what I gather.

I can't think of many, any?, big companies who take paypal.

Nov 24th, '10, 20:22

by infamouskid » Nov 24th, '10, 20:22

are you kidding me?
i had to upgrade my paypal account because the fees were expensive if i did not.

Nov 24th, '10, 20:34
Vendor Member

by IPT » Nov 24th, '10, 20:34

Yep, I'm about to upgrade mine too.

Nov 24th, '10, 23:11

by entropyembrace » Nov 24th, '10, 23:11

It´s not that hard finding vendors which accept PayPal...There´s lots of them out there I too only use PayPal for online purchases...

but...

It´s hard finding vendors that have both good western style blends...the breakfast teas and good puerh.

Also I rarely drink breakfast blends anymore and I buy them from local brick and mortar shops when I do so I can´t really recommend a vendor for them.

For lychee flavour tea and puerh you can try Yunnan Sourcing http://www.yunnansourcing.com/store/ and Jing Tea Shop http://www.jingteashop.com/ , both of which I have ordered from in the past. But neither carries Indian tea or western style blends. You might end up having to buy from two vendors...

Nov 25th, '10, 13:05

by argus » Nov 25th, '10, 13:05

My favorite chinese tea store is Red Lantern Tea

The thing is that ebay vendors are usually located at the country of production so a chinese tea vendor is highly unlikely to carry western style blends or indian black tea and vice versa

Nov 25th, '10, 13:31

by entropyembrace » Nov 25th, '10, 13:31

Not going to outright recommend this vendor since I have never ordered from them but Zen Tara Tea accepts paypal and has everything on your list other than the lychee black tea. But the puerh might not be any good. You could definitely stock up on your breakfast teas from them.

http://www.zentaratea.com/

Nov 25th, '10, 13:43

by infamouskid » Nov 25th, '10, 13:43

thanks so much everyone. i have bookmarked all those.
however i have decided to give englishteastore.com
another user pm'd me their info and they do carry all that i need.
they also have an excellent british food selection and holiday pudding and cake selection as well to go with the breakfast teas.
thanks all.

+ Post Reply