From the land of coffee, a tea lover emerges

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Aug 31st, '07, 12:50

From the land of coffee, a tea lover emerges

by fedster » Aug 31st, '07, 12:50

Hi all! Well I'm a person who loves tea, I'm from Costa Rica a small country in Central America where some of the best coffe of the world is produce. But to be honest I never really liked coffe, I had my last cup of coffe like 5 o 6 years ago and the decide to stick with tea.

I think that I have apreciate tea since I was a small kid, my mom tells me that when I was a kid I used to tell her that I only like the "English tea", screw the "lipton" and "royal blend" teas. Well life went on and I got into collage where you need cafeine I there I recounter with tea, now that I'm working and tea is a great companion.

Of my preferences, well here in Costa Rica been a coffe land and having 99.9% of the population drinking coffe is hard to find good teas, forget about getting teas on the market, gotta stick with what the supermarket provides and the best you can get here is Twinings and not all the varieties, just the english breakfast tea, irish, early grey, darjeeling and indian spiced chai. also u can get celestial seasoning but not all eaither and I'm not a big fan of herbal infusions. So of what I can get here I like the english breakfast, the irish breakfast and recently I discover Chai, I have been looking for a good recipe for Chai still trying to perfect mine but is a lovely experiment. One tea that I tryed long time ago and I really like was a Lapsang Souchong. I like strong black teas.

So what brings me here, as I told you before is hard to find a good teas arround here, so I decided to look up on the internet, learn more about tea and see what can I order online to enhance my taste. So yeah I'm a newbie in all this tea thing but willing to learn a lot. I'll apreciate recomendations of online tea stores, and recommendations of teas. Don't know if you do it here but I'll be willing to make exchanges, if you like good coffe here I can get you some of the best, send me some tea and I'll send you some coffe :P

well hopping and knowing that I'll learn a lot here and make some tea friends I say good bye for now.

ps: Sorry if you see some wird english as english is not my primary lenguaje sometimes I have some problems with it :)

Aug 31st, '07, 14:33
Scrolling: scrolling

by ABx » Aug 31st, '07, 14:33

Your english is perfectly fine, fedster. Before I read that I was even thinking that you write particularly well :)

Anyway, welcome! To be honest, the USA isn't all that much better about local sources for good tea. We have some shops here and there, but the internet is really the best place to find good teas. Some good places to start would be:
www.adagio.com (of course)
www.teacuppa.com
www.teaspring.com
www.uptontea.com
www.specialteas.com
www.rishi-tea.com
www.redblossomtea.com

There are some places that sell better teas, but the above are some of the best overall places with the greatest diversity of inventory. Once you know what teas you like best, you can then check out some of the shops that specialize in particular types of teas. They typically cost more, but they are generally worth it when you're particularly fond of the tea. Stick around and I'm sure you'll find lots of good stuff.

Or perhaps you should escape while you still have a bank account :shock: :lol:

Aug 31st, '07, 15:49

by Mocha Wheels » Aug 31st, '07, 15:49

i'm jealous- you have the best of both worlds:)

Aug 31st, '07, 17:34

by fedster » Aug 31st, '07, 17:34

ABx wrote:Your english is perfectly fine, fedster. Before I read that I was even thinking that you write particularly well :)

Anyway, welcome! To be honest, the USA isn't all that much better about local sources for good tea. We have some shops here and there, but the internet is really the best place to find good teas. Some good places to start would be:
www.adagio.com (of course)
www.teacuppa.com
www.teaspring.com
www.uptontea.com
www.specialteas.com
www.rishi-tea.com
www.redblossomtea.com

There are some places that sell better teas, but the above are some of the best overall places with the greatest diversity of inventory. Once you know what teas you like best, you can then check out some of the shops that specialize in particular types of teas. They typically cost more, but they are generally worth it when you're particularly fond of the tea. Stick around and I'm sure you'll find lots of good stuff.

Or perhaps you should escape while you still have a bank account :shock: :lol:
Thanks for your comments on my english ABx and I'll check those sites.

Mocha, well it's a bit ironic, and one of my roomates keeps joking me that I'm a bad Costa Rican for not drinking coffe, but I have choosen the tea path :P

+ Post Reply