Finding Retailers or Wholesalers for a Tea Room?

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

Finding Retailers or Wholesalers for a Tea Room?

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:01

My husband and I are planing to open a Tea Room in Jacksonville Beach area, Florida. However, we are not sure if we should order tea from retailers or from wholesalers? Please give any advice you have. We truly appreciate your help.

We also have problem finding good retailers or wholesalers who sell best teas because we want to serve the best variety of teas we can afford. Please help. Thank you so very much.

Lien McCormack
teachat
Site Admin

As a former tea room owner, I can recommend several good wholesalers. Harney & Sons, Simpson & Vail & Metropolitan. All have good selections. I tended to get most of mine from Harney & Sons. All have web sites.

Adagio has a wonderful selection also, but, of course, will cost you more. Still good for something unusual.

Duffy Grove
teachat
Site Admin

Lien--

Of course, it goes without saying that you need to go no further than this site (ADAGIO.COM!!) to utilize the #1 place for all things tea related.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Chris
Adagio Maestro
teachat
Site Admin

Duffy--

Indeed, the companies listed are very popular wholesale destinations. However, I'd like to point out that for the quality that we are offering, you will not find a better price. Hope you'll give us a shot and see the wonderful difference.

Looking forward,

Chris
Adagio Maestro
teachat
Site Admin

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:02

Chris,
I am starting a Tea Room very soon. please send me some information. I am Tealady505@msn.com

Ave-Marie Volinsky
teachat
Site Admin

I am looking for a source that supplies tissue paper and bags with either teacups or tea pots on it.

valli creech
teachat
Site Admin

I have some wonderful ideas for you. I am a consultant with "Let's Do Tea" and we have over 100 kinds of teas including seasonal teas and I we have many styles of teapots. You would really do yourself a favor if you could offer the teapots that you serve your tea in to your guests at retail. Let's talk.

Kelsey
teachat
Site Admin

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:03

Lien,

This depends on the type of tearoom/house you'll be starting, but Adagio does have great service, and I believe offers a good value for the price. In fact, their prices and quality in my opinion is better than Harney, S & V and others listed above. I highly recommend Adagio for flavored teas, Empire Tea Services (www.empiretea.com) for ceylons and other blacks, SerendipiTea for their fantastic, creative blends, and Infuze for their superior greens. Hope this helps!

Kamala
teachat
Site Admin

Postby teachat » Jun 8th, '05, 18:03

I agree, we are better than Harney.

(we didn't pay Kamala to say this, by the way!)

Tongue in cheek,

Chris
Adagio Maestro
teachat
Site Admin

Thyme for Tea

Postby Maria Rivera » Jun 24th, '05, 20:21

What a thrilling and yet terrifing thing it is to open your own business. That being said it is the most satisfing when your knee deep in tea sandwiches and don't have enough hands to answer the phone. My mother and I run Thyme for Tea in Lansdale Pa. we have put together a seminar:Dream to Reality; How to Open and Operate a Sucessful Tearoom. We have a guest speaker who is our CPA and will be anle to answer most of your financing questions. We will be covering tea history and have a tasteing, kitchen tips and tricks, obtaining free press and press releases, dressing your tearoom, you will recieve a copy of our valued vendor list as well as marketing and retailing information. You can check our feedback out on tea map and also at the world tea expo site as my mother was a speaker last year and will be again this year. I look forward to talking with you and sending our information. We are looking to provide other entrepenuers
with the information we needed to know to get started and then to stay in business. You can contact us at 215-362-2466 or email me at Mariastea@aol.com with your address and I will be happy to send you our information. - Maria Rivera
Maria Rivera

tea supply

Postby viettea » Aug 11th, '05, 09:41

Hello!
Have you consider getting tea from VietNam. VietNam produces variety of tea with highest quality and sell at very competitive prices. I'm consider getting an import license to import tea from VietNam and sell as wholesale/distributor to stores. I'm looking for store owners who willing to carry tea produce in VietNam. If you are interested please email me at vuong_chan_nhan@yahoo.com.
viettea

Opening a Tea Room

Postby Tyra Denson » Aug 12th, '05, 13:44

In my never to be humble opinion, I would suggest you plan to attend the World Tea Expo in Las Vegas next March. It is a tremendous resource for all your tea room needs. Check out their web site www.worldteaexpo.com for details. No, I do not work for the expo, but I was an exhibitor, www.rebeccasscones.com. May God bless you in all your efforts.
Tyra Denson

Postby chris » Aug 12th, '05, 14:01

We met the folks from Rebecca's at the last World Tea Expo -- great ladies, delicious scones! Their cookies provided most of our sustainence through the grueling exhibition hours.

Many thanks again for the chocolate chips,

Chris
Adagio Maestro
chris

Instant Messenger

Permissions