How Drinking More Black Tea Can Change Your Life

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Nov 17th, '10, 20:04

by auhckw » Nov 17th, '10, 20:04

http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/hea ... /id/377110

Tuesday, 16 Nov 2010 09:46 AM

The fragrant leaves of the camellia sinensis plant have been brewed since ancient times into a health drink for medicinal purposes. The best place to find this magical drink is in your local supermarket in the section marked "tea."

Tea whether black, green, or white has many health benefits, which include weight loss and prevention of heart disease.

Black tea leaves are processed differently from green and white (which are hardly processed), and are allowed to go through a process of oxidation.

Tea is rich in “antioxidant” properties.

Some of the well-known black tea benefits include:

--Black tea benefits the heart. Black tea causes the blood vessels to expand, thereby increasing the blood flow to the heart, which reduces the risks of heart attacks as well as “heart diseases.” Studies have shown that three cups of black tea can reduce the risk of stroke.

--Black tea helps fight cancer. It is thought that black tea can slow down the growth of cancerous cells without affecting the healthy cells.

--Black tea helps you look young. Studies have shown that black tea can retard the aging process and is currently being used in anti-aging creams and lotions.

--Black tea burns fat and speeds up metabolism. It is an ideal drink to have if you are looking to lose weight. Besides “weight loss,” black tea also reduces the bad “cholesterol,” and helps people whose “cholesterol” levels are high.

--Black tea is good for diabetics, as it decreases glucose levels and slows the absorption of blood sugar.

--Black tea has also been shown to relieve diarrhea because of the tannins that it contains. Drinking black tea slows down intestinal activity and reduces the pains associated with diarrhea. It has a soothing anti-inflammatory effect.

--Black tea contains low amounts of caffeine, which promotes blood flow to the brain, which in turn sharpens mental focus and ability to concentrate without overstimulating the heart.

--Black tea is beneficial in certain respiratory illnesses, especially asthma, and can provide relief in breathing difficulties.

Although the benefits of black tea far outweigh any side effects, some individuals have reported symptoms of anxiety, an increased heart rate, and worsening of ulcer symptoms after consuming tea. It is advisable to drink a moderate 3-5 cups or to consult a medical practitioner if you experience any side effects. The benefits of black tea are further enhanced, if it is drunk without milk and sugar.

Nov 17th, '10, 21:18

Re: How Drinking More Black Tea Can Change Your Life

by skilfautdire » Nov 17th, '10, 21:18

"Move over, Green Tea !", said Black Tea.

Nov 27th, '10, 08:17

by SlientSipper » Nov 27th, '10, 08:17

"The best place to find this magical drink is in your local supermarket in the section marked 'tea.'"

orly?

Celestial tea is in the "tea" section at my supermarket.
but, other then that its good to know.

Nov 28th, '10, 06:31

by febs » Nov 28th, '10, 06:31

SlientSipper wrote: Celestial tea is in the "tea" section at my supermarket.
I thought it was in the section "sky".

Nov 28th, '10, 09:17

by JustinM » Nov 28th, '10, 09:17

Why is cholesterol in quotes?

Nov 28th, '10, 15:26

by beforewisdom » Nov 28th, '10, 15:26

Although the benefits of black tea far outweigh any side effects, some individuals have reported symptoms of anxiety, an increased heart rate, and worsening of ulcer symptoms after consuming tea.
The side effects of too much caffiene. I'm sensitive to caffiene and I can get to that point with green tea.

The benefits of black tea are further enhanced, if it is drunk without milk and sugar.
Yep. I've read in other places that adding cow's milk negates the benefits.

Looking at the big picture billions of people drink tea, still get heart attacks and still get cancer. It is best, IMHO to drink tea as an end in itself focusing on eating a better diet with more produce, getting regular sleep, getting regular exercise and avoiding the habits linked to disease.

Nov 30th, '10, 13:56

by teaisme » Nov 30th, '10, 13:56

Hum...change your life :lol:
This sounds like a like spam ad, funny too how those articles have no stated author

Dec 29th, '10, 01:56

by sneakers » Dec 29th, '10, 01:56

Tea has changed MY life. I was 5' tall, homely and single, barely making a living. Since switching to tea, I'm 5'9", beautiful, married with 2 lovers, and I'm the CEO of an international bank.

+ Post Reply