OTTI 7 & 8, Asa/Fuka Mushi Duel

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

Re: OTTI 7 & 8, Asa/Fuka Mushi Duel

Postby Chip » Dec 12th, '10, 14:15

Thank you kindly everyone for sharing your comments/reviews. They continue to be very enlightening and entertaining as well! :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby camw » Dec 13th, '10, 09:39

Have been slack in posting anything on these, but I'm trying the A3 Maruyama from Maiko now and it compelled me to login and post!

Sweet nutty aromas. A delicate sweetness and a touch of spice on the palate - lovely depth, balance and carry.

Definitely my favourite from the first 3 Asa samples. One of my favourite teas this year in fact.
camw

Postby iannon » Dec 14th, '10, 18:57

camw wrote:Have been slack in posting anything on these, but I'm trying the A3 Maruyama from Maiko now and it compelled me to login and post!

Sweet nutty aromas. A delicate sweetness and a touch of spice on the palate - lovely depth, balance and carry.

Definitely my favourite from the first 3 Asa samples. One of my favourite teas this year in fact.

I really like the Maruyama as well..now try the Maiko Kinari next spring!
iannon

Postby camw » Dec 15th, '10, 03:00

iannon wrote:
camw wrote:Have been slack in posting anything on these, but I'm trying the A3 Maruyama from Maiko now and it compelled me to login and post!

I really like the Maruyama as well..now try the Maiko Kinari next spring!

I did try the Kinari Shincha (OTTI #1 I think) and loved that also.
camw

Postby nickE » Dec 15th, '10, 17:10

Here's a quick review of Adagio's Sencha Premier, forgot to post this although I tried it a few days ago.

1st steep: 160F 90s. Bright yellow soup with an extremely fresh taste. Decent mouthfeel with an interesting aftertaste, almost mentholated. Citrus-like acidity on the tongue.

2nd steep: 170F 25s. This infusion seems lighter, but more fruity, also has a tingly mouthfeel that I really like.

3rd steep: 175F 60s. Creamy taste with slight bitterness.

4th steep: 185F 120s. Sweet & cream taste; there's is less complexity, but it is still a very nice 4th steep.

I still have a few more to try! :shock:
nickE

Postby camw » Dec 19th, '10, 03:14

Found A4, the Sencha Premier from Adagio, to be very mediocre for my taste. Too simple, no depth. No improvement over multiple steeps.
camw

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions