Ingredient Information

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Dec 5th, '10, 21:06

Ingredient Information

by Chased » Dec 5th, '10, 21:06

I have been looking for specific information on the ingredients in each tea and I'm nervous that I haven't been able to find any.

Normally, I drink pure black, but I was hoping to gift some folks with flavored, but I have had poor experiences with other companies in the past (landing myself and others in the ER with allergies because fruits and nuts weren't labelled). Is there something I'm missing or are the ingredients not listed on the website?

Dec 6th, '10, 13:47

Re: Ingredient Information

by entropyembrace » Dec 6th, '10, 13:47

I posted about the lack of Ingredient Information on TeaClass...they´re training their employees to say a few things that are NOT in their teas but that´s generally not helpful to allergy sufferers since it´s possible to be allergic to almost anything.

Unfortunately they didn´t even reply let alone consider providing complete Ingredient information on their products which makes their flavoured teas a gamble health wise for people like me with allergies.

I buy most of my flavoured teas from http://www.davidstea.com/ they have complete ingredient lists for all of their products.

Dec 12th, '10, 19:37
Adagio

by ilya » Dec 12th, '10, 19:37

The new pouches contain a complete list of ingredients on all sizes with the exception of our single estate teas that contain only that tea.

Dec 12th, '10, 23:31

by entropyembrace » Dec 12th, '10, 23:31

ilya wrote:The new pouches contain a complete list of ingredients on all sizes with the exception of our single estate teas that contain only that tea.
It would be nice to have on the website too so that people can tell if there is something they are allergic to or not before they buy.

Dec 13th, '10, 11:17

by nrstooge » Dec 13th, '10, 11:17

I 2nd the request on the website for this information... as someone who cannot have grapefruit due to medications I take, this is very important to me. I love citrus type teas, but I need to make sure that one is not included (lemon,orange and lime are fine though) I'm sure there are other folks out there who would love to have/need that information.

Dec 13th, '10, 12:21

by Chubseus » Dec 13th, '10, 12:21

I'll 3rd it. I'm gluten intolerant, so no wheat, barley, or rye. Not too likely to run into these in tea outside of mugicha, but in the past I have found myself surprised by artificial flavorings or ingredients that are processed on the same equipment as these grains.

Dec 13th, '10, 12:40

by rabbitsib » Dec 13th, '10, 12:40

For any place that you go to restaurant or store if there are no ingredients listed expect it to not be allergy friendly. Everyone needs to understand this but these places are not responsible when there is no guarantee of everything being kosher.

Dec 13th, '10, 13:54

by Chubseus » Dec 13th, '10, 13:54

rabbitsib wrote:For any place that you go to restaurant or store if there are no ingredients listed expect it to not be allergy friendly. Everyone needs to understand this but these places are not responsible when there is no guarantee of everything being kosher.
Well yeah, of course. It’s not a matter of responsibility; anyone with allergies knows the risks involved in buying unlabeled consumables. It’s the fact that they’re scaring away customers with a lack of information. Furthermore, the ingredients are already listed on the package; listing them on the website just cuts down on customer emails. And, quite frankly, I trust an ingredient list more than I trust a customer service rep to answer my questions accurately.

+ Post Reply