Vertigo help?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Sep 9th, '07, 19:19

Vertigo help?

by enchantedw » Sep 9th, '07, 19:19

I have vertigo and mirgraines and I was wondering if anyone knew of a tea that would help.

I have been told ginseng or ginger, but I don't drink tea much because (other than peach) I don't really care for the taste. And that's another thing - can I make these teas taste better?

Thanks in advance!

_Buffy_

Sep 9th, '07, 20:02

by Scarlet Glow » Sep 9th, '07, 20:02

I'm not sure how helpful green tea is for vertigo and migraines but I did look up some useful herbs for you. :wink:

For vertigo: Blessed Thistle, Gingko, Rosemary, and Wood Betony are excellent healers. Wood Betony is also good for head and brain circulation... which it is said that poor circulation is the most common reason for head aches.

For migraines: Feverfew and Lavender are good.

These are herbs that my reference book has listed. If you are thinking about taking herbals for medicinal purposes, I suggest researching each herb thoroughly. Some herbs have side effects and cautions (like some should not be taken if you have high blood pressure, etc). Consulting a physician is a good idea, as well.

As for making the teas taste better. My book said that normally half a tea spoon can be mixed in with other herbal or flavored teas to make a 'blend.' I have also seen pre-made blends of 5-10 herbs in tea bags already.

I hope this helps! :D

Sep 9th, '07, 21:02

by Wesli » Sep 9th, '07, 21:02

My dad replaced much of his coffee intake with green tea and that helped tremendously with his migraines. Green tea has also diminished the bad headaches that I used to get regularly.

Vertigo, however, I don't think can be helped by any tea. It is normally attributed to a disease that affects the vestibular canal of the inner ear. Creating false feelings of movement.

Both of these can be contributed to previous brain trauma, could this be the case? Either way, you should consult a doctor about treatment for these problems.

To make the tea "taste better," you can simply mix it with your favored peach tea. Ginseng's flavor is more potent, but can be dulled by mixing it with a fair amount of peppermint.
Another way to improve the flavor of tea, is to learn the correct way to prepare it. Green tea is almost never supposed to be bitter. By following proper steeping parameters you can create a sweet, vegetal cup of green tea.
I suggest you get used to the flavor of tea. It is what it is, and its enjoyed by millions of people daily.

Sep 9th, '07, 22:20

by enchantedw » Sep 9th, '07, 22:20

Scarlet Glow wrote:I'm not sure how helpful green tea is for vertigo and migraines but I did look up some useful herbs for you. :wink:

For vertigo: Blessed Thistle, Gingko, Rosemary, and Wood Betony are excellent healers. Wood Betony is also good for head and brain circulation... which it is said that poor circulation is the most common reason for head aches.

For migraines: Feverfew and Lavender are good.

These are herbs that my reference book has listed. If you are thinking about taking herbals for medicinal purposes, I suggest researching each herb thoroughly. Some herbs have side effects and cautions (like some should not be taken if you have high blood pressure, etc). Consulting a physician is a good idea, as well.

As for making the teas taste better. My book said that normally half a tea spoon can be mixed in with other herbal or flavored teas to make a 'blend.' I have also seen pre-made blends of 5-10 herbs in tea bags already.

I hope this helps! :D

Thank you SO much, this is very helpful. I didn't even know about blends but that is a really good idea.

Sep 9th, '07, 22:22

by enchantedw » Sep 9th, '07, 22:22

Thanks a bunch. Like I said I don't know too much about tea so I didn't know there was a proper way to make it but I will look that up. I didn't have a trauma that was memorable but I was and still am an accident prone person.. so I have probably hit my head a bunch of times and not really thought about it. But again thanks, this is very useful information!

+ Post Reply