edkrueger wrote:Some species of yellow mold are toxic. Boiling water will probably kill the mold, but it DOES NOT make the toxic chemicals go away.
It's generally agreed among most, if not all, tea chemistry researchers that the "golden flowers" in Fu Zhuan brick are not toxic. I think that's what makes the question interesting
But being non-toxic doesn't mean people should not dislike it. Besides it's not guaranteed nobody is allergic to it (although no such case recorded). There are people who are allergic to even white mushrooms.
If there are people who like food/drink with known toxic mold, I say they are really courageous