Hello from the Bay Area in CA

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Dec 21st, '10, 19:56

Hello from the Bay Area in CA

by ltannenbaum » Dec 21st, '10, 19:56

Hi,

Just joined today and thought I would say hello. I moved to the Bay Area about 4 years ago from FL, and have been exploring the wonderful culinary and cultural of delights living here. One of them of course is tea! I have been drinking tea of not so good quality for most of my adult life (bags), but recently quit drinking coffee 6 months or so ago (perhaps longer) and have been drinking tea exclusively. Loose leaf. I started with Japanese and Chinese greens and have quickly moved to Pu-erh.

I used to be a wine drinker and find the complexity of Pu-erh fascinating. With this fascination and armed with the internet, many books and my taste buds I have waded right into the deep end and have started my collection. I like both young and old and prefer sheng, but shu is nice too. Oldest in the collection are a 1960 Tibetan Mushroom and a 1962 cake and newest are some things from the fall 2010 offerings.

Anyhow..... Hi and thanks for being here.

lee

Dec 21st, '10, 22:14
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Hello from the Bay Area in CA

by Chip » Dec 21st, '10, 22:14

Welcome to TeaChat lee. I hope to see you around the forum.

Please join us on TeaDay and share what is in your cup. :mrgreen:

Dec 22nd, '10, 12:36

by nonc_ron » Dec 22nd, '10, 12:36

ltannenbaum wrote:Hi,

Just joined today and thought I would say hello. I moved to the Bay Area about 4 years ago from FL
Anyhow..... Hi and thanks for being here.lee
ImageWelcome from the cold north east. You haven't enjoyed hot tea until you've had one while freezing your butt off.Image

Dec 22nd, '10, 14:00

by ltannenbaum » Dec 22nd, '10, 14:00

nonc_ron wrote:
ltannenbaum wrote:Hi,

Just joined today and thought I would say hello. I moved to the Bay Area about 4 years ago from FL
Anyhow..... Hi and thanks for being here.lee
ImageWelcome from the cold north east. You haven't enjoyed hot tea until you've had one while freezing your butt off.Image
Does growing up in Ann Arbor count for cold? How about traveling to Boston in January. Or perhaps enjoying a nice cup after skiing in Tahoe. :lol:

Dec 22nd, '10, 19:42

by nonc_ron » Dec 22nd, '10, 19:42

ltannenbaum wrote:Does growing up in Ann Arbor count for cold? How about traveling to Boston in January. Or perhaps enjoying a nice cup after skiing in Tahoe. :lol:
ImageSounds like you've done some traveling. I'm trying to stay inside as much as possible.
Image (with a hot cup of tea of course.)

Dec 24th, '10, 12:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Dec 24th, '10, 12:44

Welcome!

+ Post Reply