Planning a tea event

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

Planning a tea event

Postby fencerdenoctum » Sep 12th, '07, 23:38

One of our resident directors wanted me to host a tea party for the girls in her freshman dorm. When one of our higher ups heard about this I was asked to make it into a larger event.

I plan on talking about tea production (types, cultivation and all that), and tea customs from all around the world.

I had planned on having two blends of tea per type (black , white, green, and oolong) Once I made that little declaration I was told to plan for fifty guests. This didn't phase me one bit (other than how i the world to brew tea for 50 people at once) until I heard my budget.

I have fifty dollars to work with.

My question for this post is this-

How in the world can I stretch this and have good quality tea for my guests? I get a feeling I'm going to have to sink a bit of my own money into this which doesn't really bother me seeing as that I'll get to keep what is left, but the less I have to spend the better.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Here goes nothing!

The Tea Sipping Swordsman

Re: Planning a tea event

Postby tomasini » Sep 13th, '07, 01:20

maybe see if someone like adagio or rishi or someone can do kind of a sponsor thing...

Postby Wesli » Sep 13th, '07, 03:30

Heh, I would definitely contact some dealers to see if they want to sponsor. It's a great opportunity for them if you think about it.

Good luck Fencer!

Postby Space Samurai » Sep 13th, '07, 03:55

Rishi has always been generous with sample product when we do demos or classes. They might help you out. Couldn't hurt to ask.
Space Samurai

Instant Messenger