Out of Stock

We're always open to a little constructive criticism.

Dec 30th, '10, 22:32

Out of Stock

by gargoylekitty » Dec 30th, '10, 22:32

I was gifted by a relative for the holidays a gift certificate to spend on adagio's site. Since I hadn't tried all I'd wanted to yet, I got mostly samples along with 2oz. of one tea, 2oz. of another, and 1oz. of a third. The order ran $4 over though I paid the difference, it was confirmed and all seemed fine.

Except then I got a note saying that one of the 2oz. was out of stock and, before figuring out what I wanted done regarding that, they'd sent the order. So now, since the tea in question apparently won't be in stock until summer, my only real option is to get a refund and spend the remaining amount from gift certificate on something else, only then, because they'd already sent the order out, I'd be stuck spending shipping on it to be sent separately.

I've placed orders for things online in the past only to have the item turn up out of stock, though I've never had a company both send out the order before resolving the issue with me and finding out what I wanted done as well as expecting me to pay for their blunder should I want to get something of equal value to replace the item from them.

Dec 31st, '10, 00:24
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Out of Stock

by bsteele » Dec 31st, '10, 00:24

Contact Adagio and ask if they will waive the shipping charge for you on another order.

Dec 31st, '10, 00:31
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 31st, '10, 00:31

Brilliant! :idea: :mrgreen:

Dec 31st, '10, 00:42

by gargoylekitty » Dec 31st, '10, 00:42

bsteele wrote:Contact Adagio and ask if they will waive the shipping charge for you on another order.
I already brought that up but whoever responded seemed to ignore answering it and only answered my other inquiry in that particular message(telling me I couldn't choose another tea of the same cost, or close and pay the difference, to replace it since the order had already been sent).

I've sent them another response, so I'll see how that goes.

Dec 31st, '10, 19:06

by gargoylekitty » Dec 31st, '10, 19:06

No further response from them on the subject, though they refunded the amount of the one tea so I suppose it's considered closed.

Disappointed in how this was handled. I think they need to have a better way of following through on issues with orders(this took roughly five days to settle. Sometimes they responded only to replied e-mails, other times to messages to their 'Help' form. Also, it seemed the person responding didn't always know what had already been covered).

Other than that, I would have been happy if they'd either contacted me/made sure it was settled before it was sent out and/or just allowed a replacement to be sent in its place. Neither seems to me that outrageous a suggestion(yes, their shipping isn't that much, but I don't see paying it for something that was an error on their end). :roll:

+ Post Reply