Red Blossom Tea Co. and SpecialTeas.com

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Red Blossom Tea Co. and SpecialTeas.com

Postby Ballandchain » Sep 1st, '07, 00:53

Hello all,
I'm fairly new to tea. I did buy several sample tins from Adagio, but I'd like to try a few other websites. Are these two any good? I was looking to buy some Moroccan Mint and a few blacks, maybe some flavored.
Ballandchain

Postby Space Samurai » Sep 1st, '07, 00:57

I have used Red Blossom a few times and I reccomend them. Their customer service is fantastic. I think the gaiwan that I bought from them is superb. All in all I don't think their oolongs are the best quality, but they are rather good and at a fair price. They also send free samples with every order.
Space Samurai

Postby SnapshotCat » Sep 1st, '07, 00:59

I was just in Red Blossom's store in San Francisco and I can definitely recommend the Moroccan Mint. My mom and I were treated to a tasting when she asked about it and now she's starting to take an interest in loose leaf tea (she stopped making fun of me once she tried it!). I haven't tried the four teas I bought while I was there but we did try some of the Rose Black while we were in the store.
SnapshotCat

Postby ABx » Sep 1st, '07, 02:32

I can vouch for SpecialTeas. They are a great overall vendor with a relatively impressive inventory. They have pretty consistent quality, and generally have good prices. I consider them a good place to explore different types of teas, and they are also a great source for empty tea tins. You might also check out teacuppa.com.
ABx

Postby K5Doom » Sep 17th, '07, 23:47

I have been told that Moroccan tea is simply Gunpowder mixed with mint, because they dont grow camellia sinensis in morroco.

Correct me if I am wrong.
K5Doom

Postby Mary R » Sep 18th, '07, 00:56

Yup...Morocco grows no tea domestically. However, they have their own neat way of brewing it, which has come to be known as Moroccan tea. Blends inspired from this method are usually called 'Moroccan Mint' and are a gunpowder green tea mixed with a mint, usually peppermint or spearmint or some combination thereof.

Adagio's take on the theme--Casablanca Twist--mixes peppermint with a first flush Darjeeling tea. I prefer it over the Gunpowder blends.
Mary R

Postby chef_darnell » Sep 18th, '07, 02:41

I use specialteas almost all the time. They are a great vendor and pretty much want you satisfied. I purchased my second order from adagio so it will be nice to compare the 2.I have also used Uptontea and was verry pleased with thier tea and service.
chef_darnell

Instant Messenger

Permissions