making a large quantity of green tea

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

making a large quantity of green tea

Postby macatea » Sep 18th, '07, 19:30

Hello all,

I'd like your opinion of making a larger quantity of green tea (6-8 cups at a time). Possibly to be iced, or stored in the fridge for a refreshing drink, or just at room temp.

Since I normally steep a teaspoon of loose leaf tea more than once, I figured that I could make a larger quantity of tea with a smaller amount of leaves. For instance, making 8 cups of green tea would require 4 teaspoons of loose leaf green tea, or less if you want.

I'd measure the tea leaves in my IngenuiTea and pour the hot water and steep it for 2-3 minutes. (God I love watching tea leaves unfurl, it's so great). Open the valve it into a glass or plastic pitcher. Re-steep the tea leaves for maybe a bit longer. Fill the pitcher again. At this point you could just add water up to the 6-8 cup volume, or Re-steep if you have enough hot water.

What do you think of this method of making lots of tea with half amount of tea leaves? Of course it's gone within a day or so. Thanks for your opinions.
macatea

Postby scruffmcgruff » Sep 18th, '07, 19:41

I think that's probably the best method for making a lot of tea without wasting leaf, but what really matters is how much you like it!
scruffmcgruff

Instant Messenger

Permissions