Celestial Seasonings

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jun 24th, '10, 19:23

Celestial Seasonings

by RobbieB » Jun 24th, '10, 19:23

Hey, I tried some Bengal Spice tea from Celestial Seasonings last week. I bought it mainly because I really liked the box, but the tea was awesome! I finished it in a few days.
So last night I bought some Tension Tamer tea, I was hoping it would be as good as Bengal Spice. It was alright, but not really as exciting as Bengal Spice.

Does anyone here drink Celestial Seasonings tea? What do you think are their good blends?

Jun 24th, '10, 22:21

Re: Celestial Seasonings

by debunix » Jun 24th, '10, 22:21

I still enjoy various of their zinger teas, and will drink them in preference to almost anything else in bag when at a function where it's a tea bag or coffee. But I like my own blends just as well and can't stop thinking about the even better (way better! ) Lemon Myrtle Rooibos from the Cultured Cup.

Jun 25th, '10, 01:42

by entropyembrace » Jun 25th, '10, 01:42

I haven´t had celestial seasons for years but my favourite was lemon zinger when I was a kid.

Jun 28th, '10, 23:36

by Skippyandjif » Jun 28th, '10, 23:36

I don't drink Celestial Seasonings very much myself, but my mother absolutely loves the honey-vanilla chamomile (she drinks one or two cups evey day, more in winter) and the winter edition sugar cookie tea, which apparently tastes very similar.

The winter edition gingerbread tea apparently tastes a lot like Bengal Spice, according to one of my friends. The downside is, it's only available in the winter...

Jul 30th, '10, 20:14

by Katy1977 » Jul 30th, '10, 20:14

I was actually introduced to rooibos through the Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla which I still drink sometimes; it's not as good as loose rooibos but still good. I also enjoy their Vanilla Honey Chai which is a white tea, usually have it with milk and honey for a sweet treat. :)

Katy1977

Jul 30th, '10, 23:18

by Amaikokonut » Jul 30th, '10, 23:18

RobbieB wrote:I bought it mainly because I really liked the box, but the tea was awesome!
Haha, I did the same thing! I just have a thing for tigers. I actually wasn't a huge fan of the tea, but a friend of mine tried and adored it, so I gave the rest to her.

Celestial Seasonings tea.... there was a point in my life when I drank a lot of it, in various flavors, constantly. So much to the point that I actually have a hard time drinking it now without being mentally transported back to that point in my life :lol:

Aug 4th, '10, 23:11

by mitchell » Aug 4th, '10, 23:11

I used to drink Celestial Seasonings chamomile. It was my favourite as a kid. :) I've since gone onto loose-leaf, but I still enjoy a nice bagged tea when I'm feeling under the weather.

Nov 27th, '10, 03:37

by matcha/mate.enthusia » Nov 27th, '10, 03:37

I still drink Celestial Seasonings and I have toured the factory here in Colorado on a few occasions several years ago. I most enjoy their herbal blends--Raspberry Zinger, Wild Berry Zinger, etc. To remedy insomnia associated with my extreme hormonal nocturnalism during the week, I often drink cups of the Sleepytime Extra (with calming Valerian)--it seems as if valerian-root-containing tisanes are difficult to find in loose-leaf varieties. One decaf blend of Celestial Seasonings which I particularly enjoy almost to the point of adoration is the green lemon-jasmine blend (labeled 'Sleepytime', which is odd for a still-caffeinated decaf tea). For a bagged tea, it's remarkably delicate, with a subtle yet delicious and comforting flavor which doesn't seem to change at all in response to temperature, steeping time, etc. I've noticed, actually, that quite a few of the CS blends never seem to become astringent or acrid/bitter regardless of how hot the water is or how long they are steeped, and I always prefer drinking bagged teas gongfu style, without exception. I also find the pillow-style tea bags of CS to be preferable to those of Lipton and other bagged tea brands, with no unnecessary flags/staples/adhesive/strings/wrappers.

Nov 27th, '10, 03:38

by matcha/mate.enthusia » Nov 27th, '10, 03:38

I still drink Celestial Seasonings and I have toured the factory here in Colorado on a few occasions several years ago. I most enjoy their herbal blends--Raspberry Zinger, Wild Berry Zinger, etc. To remedy insomnia associated with my extreme hormonal nocturnalism during the week, I often drink cups of the Sleepytime Extra (with calming Valerian)--it seems as if valerian-root-containing tisanes are difficult to find in loose-leaf varieties. One decaf blend of Celestial Seasonings which I particularly enjoy almost to the point of adoration is the green lemon-jasmine blend (labeled 'Sleepytime', which is odd for a still-caffeinated decaf tea). For a bagged tea, it's remarkably delicate, with a subtle yet delicious and comforting flavor which doesn't seem to change at all in response to temperature, steeping time, etc. I've noticed, actually, that quite a few of the CS blends never seem to become astringent or acrid/bitter regardless of how hot the water is or how long they are steeped, and I always prefer drinking bagged teas gongfu style, without exception. I also find the pillow-style tea bags of CS to be preferable to those of Lipton and other bagged tea brands, with no unnecessary flags/staples/adhesive/strings/wrappers.

Edit: Recently at the grocery story I observed a display of holiday-themed CS tisane blends, with the rather pretentiously-named 'Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride'. Sleigh Ride flavor? :?: Oh, how I wonder what sleigh rides taste like! I can't wait to taste this one! :roll:

Dec 1st, '10, 04:08

by beforewisdom » Dec 1st, '10, 04:08

I gave up on Celestial Seasoning's teas and infusions back in the 80s.

I liked the boxes, the contents always smelled wonderful and had absolutely no taste.

Jan 8th, '11, 22:30

by Squirrel » Jan 8th, '11, 22:30

I drink one still, I like for bed time that is Decaf Sweet Coconut Chai. I like it too when I have a sweet tooth and no sweets.

Jan 11th, '11, 23:58

by teashel » Jan 11th, '11, 23:58

For some reason, I always had it in my head that any herbal tisane would taste like weed flavored dishwater, so I avoided them. But, on strong recommendations from a friend, I picked up a sampler of the Celestial Seasonings fruit varieties. YUM! The Raspberry Zinger is my favorite of those, now. My husband even likes them. They are much stronger flavored than I expected, and they smell divine when steeping. I'll probably keep some of these around for when I want something strongly sweet.

Jan 15th, '11, 08:06

by mokie » Jan 15th, '11, 08:06

I gave up on them--I want tea from a box of tea, not hibiscus tisane.

Jan 22nd, '11, 10:44

by brad4419 » Jan 22nd, '11, 10:44

I always have some sleepy time tea on hand but thats all I like of theirs.

+ Post Reply