Tea At Work

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jan 18th, '11, 08:22

Tea At Work

by Kithikor » Jan 18th, '11, 08:22

Hello.
I tried to bring sometea into work. I work in a factory. I used a glass insert thermos with silicon stoppers. I cleaned it out with a chlorine solution and rinsed it out VERY good. Then soaked the silicon in some tea for a few hours. All was in vain. The first cup was good, but the second was hidious. Tasted like a bitter, weak coffee. So I was planing on making the tea one cup at a time. Any ideas how to strain out the tea? Or any other ideas, would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 18th, '11, 11:33
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tea At Work

by rdl » Jan 18th, '11, 11:33

without knowing what kind of tea you're drinking - i suggest you buy a package of empty tea bags that you can fill with you own tea. they are fairly large to let the tea expand (maybe they even come in different sizes, i cannot remember) and you can put just enough tea for brewing one cup and then throw it out.
if you can let us know which teas you are preparing you may recceive other suggstions.

Jan 18th, '11, 12:05

by Kithikor » Jan 18th, '11, 12:05

Well, I'm new to real tea drinking. I have a sampler on it's way. Right now, I have some Primula Flowering Green tea. I feel these green teas are light in taste. I've been told to try sancha teas.

Jan 18th, '11, 12:55

by rdl » Jan 18th, '11, 12:55

Kithikor wrote:Well, I'm new to real tea drinking. I have a sampler on it's way. Right now, I have some Primula Flowering Green tea. I feel these green teas are light in taste. I've been told to try sancha teas.
you can look at this website:
http://www.teavana.com/Tea-Products/Tea ... -Tea-Cups/
(i am neutral about this merchant, you can decide where to buy this cup if you like it)
you can use these cups to brew your flowering tea and many other chinese green teas. use your thermos for the hot water only.
i don't suggest preparing sencha unless you have the right set up. otherwise i think you will get results you won't enjoy unless you have the minimum required for sencha. japanese bancha is much easier, more forgiving to prepare.

Jan 18th, '11, 13:07

by rabbit » Jan 18th, '11, 13:07

camellia-sinensis.com has a nice infuser flask.

Jan 18th, '11, 13:15

by rdl » Jan 18th, '11, 13:15

rabbit wrote:camellia-sinensis.com has a nice infuser flask.
and cheaper...although they are about $2 in china....plus the airfare...lol.
rabbit - which teas do you use in your flask, if you're using one for your tea drinking?

Jan 18th, '11, 13:18

by rabbit » Jan 18th, '11, 13:18

rdl wrote:
rabbit wrote:camellia-sinensis.com has a nice infuser flask.
and cheaper...although they are about $2 in china....plus the airfare...lol.
rabbit - which teas do you use in your flask, if you're using one for your tea drinking?
I don't actually have one yet! But I would most def. make cold brewed formosa oolongs and taiping houkui :)

+ Post Reply