Good Thing I Shave...

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jan 20th, '11, 21:25

Good Thing I Shave...

by Kithikor » Jan 20th, '11, 21:25

...my head or I would be pulling my hair out right about now. I am wanting to try some different Oolong, but there are WAY to many placed to get it? Without going crazy made, what are SOME of the more well know tea sellers? I am looking through the "What Oolong are you drinking now", but I am getting no where fast.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 20th, '11, 22:15

Re: Good Thing I Shave...

by iannon » Jan 20th, '11, 22:15

well..sorta depends on what you like if you have an idea there? greener oolongs..darker..etc..
Adagio obviously has some oolong samplers..but if you are wanting to branch out already heres a couple suggestions from me..i am sure you will get many others ;)
firstly..you can check the vendor topic if you havent already..all of those have been recommended by someone here. http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11932
if you dont want to wait a long time for shipping from china you can try something like seven cups based here in the usa. i ordered their rock sampler and found it quite nice. they dont have much real dark roast but more light and medium yancha's
if you want to try Taiwanese high mountain you could try floating leaves tea based in seattle. ive ordered from them before and had good results. They have a couple sampler sets too.
beyond that thanks to Entro there is jas-etea that basically resells stuff from yunnan sourcing. I have ordered a bit of Pu from their and am really enjoying that..so they also have a nice selection of oolongs there..also "local" in the usa..so fast shipping
just a couple suggestions for you :)

Jan 21st, '11, 01:08

by tingjunkie » Jan 21st, '11, 01:08

Sounds like you have the calm, patient personality that suits tea appreciation so well. :roll:

Long story short, if you want top shelf, go with Tea Gallery and Mandarin's Tearoom. For the next level down, but still very good, go with Jing, Hou De, or Tea Masters just to name a few. :wink:

Jan 21st, '11, 01:22

by Vash4 » Jan 21st, '11, 01:22

I am just starting out to and am wondering how the oolongs (and other teas) from yunnansourcing.com taste compared to other vendors (due to their shocking low price compared to others?) or if their are any recommendation on good teas for good prices.

Jan 21st, '11, 10:26

by Poohblah » Jan 21st, '11, 10:26

Vash4 wrote:I am just starting out to and am wondering how the oolongs (and other teas) from yunnansourcing.com taste compared to other vendors (due to their shocking low price compared to others?) or if their are any recommendation on good teas for good prices.
YS has some quite nice non-pu teas. You'll have to experiment a bit; some are better than others. I haven't had any of their oolongs though.

Jan 21st, '11, 11:13

by TwoPynts » Jan 21st, '11, 11:13

Samples, samples, samples. From various vendors. Find what you like.
Two possibilities are teafromtaiwan.com and ishopo.com. They have reasonable sample prices, though I would not say they are anywhere near top shelf with the majority of their teas.

+ Post Reply