Tuesday TeaDay 2/1/11 Cold and snowy?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

... off the topic of tea for a day. Much of the country has been very cold and snowy this Winter. What would you prefer, seasonal hot and cold, or warm all year? Share why.

Hotter all year the better
5%
Some moderate change, but still warm all year
44%
Cooler Winters are OK
21%
Prefer a cold Winter with snow
15%
Colder better, lots of snow better yet!
8%
I would take cold all year long if I could
5%
I have no preference
3%

Total votes: 39

Feb 1st, '11, 02:29
Scrolling: scrolling

Tuesday TeaDay 2/1/11 Cold and snowy?

by Chip » Feb 1st, '11, 02:29

Greetings TeaFriends and welcome to another TeaDay. Please do drop in and share what is in your cup throughout the day.

Yesterday we discussed Tea of the Month for January. You can still vote and discuss yesterday's topic.

Today's NonTea Poll and discussion topic, yeah off the topic of tea for a day. Much of the country has been very cold and snowy this Winter, today is no exception. What would you prefer, seasonal hot and cold, or warm all year? Share why.

I am looking forward to once again sharing this TeaDay with everyone. Bottoms up.

Feb 1st, '11, 02:41

Re: Tuesday TeaDay 2/1/11 Cold and snowy?

by entropyembrace » Feb 1st, '11, 02:41

I´d prefer warm all year with only moderate variation...but not scortching hot either!

Where I live now it swings from very hot in the summer to extreme cold in the winter... :?

Feb 1st, '11, 02:50
Vendor Member

by IPT » Feb 1st, '11, 02:50

I love a dry crisp day where the ground is covered in a thick blanket of pure white snow. There's nothing finer. I truly miss snow! I haven't seen any for years and I plan on next year taking a winter vacation to a cold snowy place.

Feb 1st, '11, 03:01

by Nenugal » Feb 1st, '11, 03:01

entropyembrace wrote:I´d prefer warm all year with only moderate variation...but not scortching hot either!

Where I live now it swings from very hot in the summer to extreme cold in the winter... :?
I would prefer warm all year too. This winter in Norway has been much too cold for my taste. And the summers here are not too hot either...

Feb 1st, '11, 03:15

by karmaplace » Feb 1st, '11, 03:15

I would like a generally warm place with a little variation.

The last time I lived in Korea it was supposedly a weird year. It was HOT until the middle of October, got COLD for one week in January, and then got HOT again by the end of April. I mistakenly took that as the norm.

When I came back, I brought all cool clothes (expecting HOT or warm weather), but it got pretty cold by October. It's actually been extremely (and uncharacteristically) cold in the (Southern) city I live in, and we even had a freak snowstorm that cancelled classes and made drivers paranoid. It was the gross and icy snow that makes life difficult. If it's going to be this cold, I would prefer pretty snow like back in New York, but overall I'm not a fan of cold OR snow. :roll:

Haven't gotten a sip today...yet. Brewing up some Ok-rok Korean green (my favorite), and will probably try out the Rainforest Chai from 52teas that arrived in the mail today after work. :)

Feb 1st, '11, 04:37
Scrolling: fixed

by el gringo » Feb 1st, '11, 04:37

I much prefer cold winters over hot summers. I can't stand getting sweaty all the time, plus snow is pretty.

Feb 1st, '11, 08:11

by auhckw » Feb 1st, '11, 08:11

Coming from a country with only 1 season... I sure do like to have cold all the way. It's most of the time hot here...

Feb 1st, '11, 08:32

by Jasmin » Feb 1st, '11, 08:32

" Some moderate change, but still warm all year"
That's pretty much how I have it here in FL. But if I could make a change, I would make the Summers less humid and the Winter Nights not quite as cold. But I love our climate here :D

Lately I've been drinking a lot of oolong and feel almost sorry for the other teas. Sometimes even though I feel like oolong, I want to drink a black or green tea or rooibos, just so they don't sit useless on the shelf. Does that make me crazy lol

Feb 1st, '11, 08:55

by JBaymore » Feb 1st, '11, 08:55

Colder...lots of snow. Yeah.... I'm a skier! :wink:

Powder days Wednesday/Thursday...... 2 feet predicted.

best,

..................john

Feb 1st, '11, 11:14

by rhondabee » Feb 1st, '11, 11:14

I love Spring & Fall, and Summer is okay, but can't stand Winter. So I'd prefer to live in a warmer climate - still with seasons, but warmer winters (rarely below freezing). Right now we are under a blizzard warning, but for awhile it was predicted we would get 1/2 inch or more of icing. Now we are getting more snow & less ice, which is good. So sick of this weather and ready for Spring! I plan on drinking some nice Ali Shan oolong today while watching it snow.

Feb 1st, '11, 11:22

by brad4419 » Feb 1st, '11, 11:22

warm all year with a little fluctuations. Hot in the summer and around 40-50F in winter would be ideal. I don't like being sweaty all the time but I just really don't like being cold either.

No tea yet but Im thinking silver needles or Jiu Hua fo cha.

Feb 1st, '11, 11:33
Vendor Member

by Xell » Feb 1st, '11, 11:33

I experienced snow quite a lot during my childhood, it was really fun etc. But now i prefer warm and only warm seasons :) Even in south part of Japan it's still cold for me, but at least no snow at all.

Feb 1st, '11, 12:04

by JRS22 » Feb 1st, '11, 12:04

With weather as with tea I prefer variety. I just wish that there was a clear path on the sidewalks and corner curb cuts so I could walk about freely. Fortunately I order my tea online so there's no shortage there due to the weather.

In my cup this morning, first Bai Mu Dan and then Da Xue Shan Sheng (Snow Mountain Green) Loose Leaf Puer 2010.

My black kitten is clearly interested in the puerh rinse water but I'm afraid to give it to her what with the caffeine content and other unknown chemicals.

Feb 1st, '11, 12:06

by tortoise » Feb 1st, '11, 12:06

The front is moving through my town as we speak. Temp dropping rapidly.

If I could have my way, I'd like to live in a place with 4 distinct seasons. There are maybe a couple regions in the US that still have this. But to the point, I prefer cool to cold winters to hot summers. Here in Louisiana, it can get so hot that you don't even want to go outside. It never gets that cold though. Here, if it gets into the 20's and 30's like it's supposed to do over the next few days, I am very happy. Winter in the South can be terrific. Summer? Not so much...

Having lived in NYC, I can say they get the worst of both worlds.

SSM from o-cha.

Feb 1st, '11, 12:06
Vendor Member

by gingkoseto » Feb 1st, '11, 12:06

I love snow day when I do NOT have to go out or dig my car out of the snow pile :lol:

Anyone ready to collect some snow for tea water? :D