Tea from world market

Completely off the Topic of Tea

Tea from world market

Postby balmung135 » Jan 26th, '11, 20:16

So I am looking into buying some more teas to try and i keep coming back to the world market collection. They sell some teas that are pretty cheap and the dian hong i got from them is actually pretty good. What I was wondering is if people know about the quality and if its worth to keep going back to them.

I am getting into green teas after my stint with black tea and just need an inexpensive way to try some, but I dont want the quality to suffer. I can pay if i know its worth the price.
balmung135

Re: Tea from world market

Postby Bryan_drinks_te... » Feb 1st, '11, 13:04

Go with Dragon Tea House. They have a decent selection of chinese greens.
If you're looking for japanese greens, try dens tea or o-cha.com.
Also, I'd advise maybe to stay away from world market stuff. It's generally overpriced for what one is getting.
Bryan_drinks_te...

Postby iannon » Feb 1st, '11, 20:43

bryan_drinks_tea wrote:Go with Dragon Tea House. They have a decent selection of chinese greens.
If you're looking for japanese greens, try dens tea or o-cha.com.
Also, I'd advise maybe to stay away from world market stuff. It's generally overpriced for what one is getting.

+1 but on the other hand if you do enjoy it..at the price they sell it for..and you need a quick local fill-in,..then go for it
iannon

Postby skilfautdire » Feb 2nd, '11, 06:32

So, what is actually this 'world market' ? How is this different to ordering teas, say, from DTH in China from North America ?
skilfautdire

Postby wyardley » Feb 2nd, '11, 14:19

skilfautdire wrote:So, what is actually this 'world market' ? How is this different to ordering teas, say, from DTH in China from North America ?

I could be wrong, but I think the person is referring to a specific store, maybe Cost Plus World Market, or maybe an online retailer called "World Market".
wyardley

Postby skilfautdire » Feb 2nd, '11, 16:58

OK, found it. Some kind of 'Pier 1 Imports' as we have up here.
Not that I would buy any food or tea at 'Pier 1' if they'd be selling any...
skilfautdire

Postby ABx » Feb 6th, '11, 05:26

Yes it's an import store, but they also try to carry high grades of foodstuffs. I don't know wine, but I have seen stuff there priced over a hundred.

I had gotten their store labeled Tie Guan Yin when I first started out; it was better than many American shops, but you are indeed better off buying from some of the good online vendors.
ABx

Postby matthematical » Nov 2nd, '14, 23:41

I was of the type who would never buy tea from Cost Plus World Market, but then just recently a friend bought me some White Peoney from them. I reluctantly tried it and to my surprise the quality is quite good, better than Pete's and only slightly lower quality than adagio. I feel silly for being on my high horse so long. I'm not going out of my way to shop at cost plus world market for tea, but if I do find myself there for some other reason I will probably try some of their other teas.
matthematical

Instant Messenger

Permissions