what to do for new tea room

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

what to do for new tea room

Postby godscountry » Aug 16th, '05, 15:50

Hi, what would you recomend we do since we are adding a coffee bar and tea room to our bookstore. I think I am planning on using tea pots and bringing the teapot, cup and a timer out to the table for the customer. Many people in our area (Northern Wisconsin) have not had the experience of trying REAL tea (non-supermarket kinds), and so I'd like to create a comfortable but unique and trendy atmosphere. Any help, suggestions, etc... would help.
thanks!
Katie
godscountry

Postby maria » Aug 16th, '05, 20:35

I don't know if you would be interested in this but, Thyme for Tea in Lansdale, Pa is having a How to Open and Operate a Sucessful tearoom Seminar in September. We will be covering tea history and tasting, marketing and retailing, you will recieve a copy of our valued vendor list and many samples from our kind vendors, we also will cover kitchen tips and tricks, dressing your tearoom and much more. If you are interested you can contact me at www.Mariastea@aol.com or you can call us at 215-362-2466. I look forward to hearing from you. Good luck in your new business venture!
-Maria Rivera
Thyme for Tea
maria

Postby Guest » Aug 19th, '05, 01:25

Hi Katie,

I think it sounds like a marvelous idea. It is a great opportunity to 'educate' customers about the joys of tea and gives you a charming twist that customers will talk about and share w/ others.

I run a tea room down in Texas, but lived in S. Wisconsin for many years...come winter time, you should do quite well by adding that feature!

Tana

Postby Sarah » Sep 10th, '05, 17:14

That is a good idea to bring the timer out to the table, especially if you are using looseleaf tea. New tea drinkers will find it interesting, and veteran tea drinkers will be happy to see you use loose leaf tea. If you do that, I would maybe suggest bringing out a teabag squeezer and a little saucer-thing to put the tea bag on. If you do that, be sure to have those items available for sale :-) Also, at my tea room we put each teapot on a trivet with a cozy (ours are victorian style, but I have seen some nice trendier ones available), those are also nice gift items people will buy.
Good luck with your tea room and coffee bar additions!
~ Sarah
Sarah

Tea & Books

Postby Lyn » Feb 1st, '06, 00:50

I would like to hear more about experiences with selling tea and books. I have a similar idea.
Lyn

Instant Messenger

Permissions