Oct 17th, '10, 21:57

Mt Peng Lai (painting)

by Wu De » Oct 17th, '10, 21:57

This is Mt. Peng Lai, the land of the immortals--where Lu Tong's famous sixth bowl took him.

http://www.sagacitea.com

Books:
Faces of the Master:
t can be ordered from amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Faces-Master-Aaro ... 94&sr=1-12
Or if you buy it directly from the publisher I will give everyone here on this forum a 10% discount. Go to: https://www.createspace.com/3474494
and enter the code: 4TERVU4V

Tea Wisdom:
link: http://www.amazon.com/Tea-Wisdom-Inspir ... 354&sr=8-1

The Way of Tea:
link: http://www.amazon.com/Way-Tea-Reflectio ... t_ep_dpt_2

Nov 29th, '10, 05:25

Re: The Art of Wu Wei Hai, Aaron Fisher

by Wu De » Nov 29th, '10, 05:25

Thanks so much for all of you who came and supported my talks and art at the 6th Malaysian Puerh Fair. I had a great time with old friends and new. Highlights included: Of course, making new friends. I drank some nice 1000yr-old-tree Puerh and some decent 80s gong ting shou. We also drank Fu Yuan Chang and Son Ping on the 5th day!

It is always great to be a part of turning so many newcomers on to tea. As the fair is situated adjacent to the Chinese book fair each year, such smiles happen in the hundreds.

A thousand bright smiles
in this simple cup

WuDe

Feb 7th, '11, 09:31

by Wu De » Feb 7th, '11, 09:31

I have a new blog at: http://www.lifeoftea.com

I moved all the posts over from the www.sagacitea.com website. Sagacitea is still up, but is only for my artwork now. The blog section was created via "iweb" software. The new blog is Wordpress and functions much better.

I hope you enjoy.

All the cups
In this one
--WuDe

May 18th, '11, 01:13

by Wu De » May 18th, '11, 01:13

Sorry I have been absent for a long while. I've been on an internet fast. I only use the computer when it's essential--setting down distractions, I find I am more present...

Here are some recent paintings of Wuyi:

May 21st, '11, 20:10

by trent » May 21st, '11, 20:10

I don't know whether its the color scheme, the dreamlike atmosphere, or the way in which you handle detail... but, your recent paintings remind me of Gustave Moreau's final works. Albeit, a mellower, softer version. Something like what Moreau would've produced, had he painted under the influence of aged pu erh.

May 22nd, '11, 17:28

by bob » May 22nd, '11, 17:28

Great paintings! I like the second one the most, the nature is nicely peaceful and detailed but then I start seeing faces, and the meaning completely changes... I guess you could say it's a "painting with many faces"! :)

May 22nd, '11, 23:05

by Wu De » May 22nd, '11, 23:05

A thousand deep bows at your feet. I think I am a bit beneath the likes of such a great painter, but that you compared me to him is an honor indeed. He is actually one of my favorites, so there is perhaps some influence trickling down from his now-unbound spirit into my humble bamboo brush.

Thank you for appreciating them. I too have found some faces and other things in that painting. It seems to be like wood or stone grains in that way.

A thousand cups of yourself
and one for you here,
WuDe

Aug 5th, '11, 18:46

Busy

by Wu De » Aug 5th, '11, 18:46

Sorry I haven't posted many pics here lately. I have been painting a bit, but very busy as well. We have opened a free tea center and school here in Taiwan and will have a second location in October. That they are non-profit and free makes them more beautiful, as the world so needs a commercial-free tea wisdom, but it also makes the project a lot more work.

Please go to: www.teasagehut.org and read some more about what we're doing.

Feb 3rd, '12, 07:54

by Wu De » Feb 3rd, '12, 07:54

We have started a new tea of the month club to fund our center/school, outings and courses as well as all our publications including The Leaf, which should get a jumpstart again this year:

www.globalteahut.org

Of course, it's all non-profit.

In other news, I am traveling to LA, SF, Europe and Russia to teach courses this year...

Feb 3rd, '12, 18:44

by iannon » Feb 3rd, '12, 18:44

soudns like a great endeavour. And good luck on your teaching journey as well. Will you be putting a generic lsit of the type of teas someone could expect to get up ont he website?

Feb 4th, '12, 09:52

by Wu De » Feb 4th, '12, 09:52

Thanks for the kind wishes!

We do plan to put up a page with the newsletters of each month on them free, which will contain an article about the tea, Cha Dao and our center/tradition of tea.

There is no plan to the teas we will select other than that they will all be living, organic and healthy for body/mind/spirit. Many will be unique eco-garden, old-growth teas from Taiwan and China. They will also stay in the center for a month before being sent off around the world with our prayers. Amounts will also vary depending on cost.

The concept is to allow for energy to flow in two directions: From your end, it should be felt as dana (donation) and from ours community and connection--opportunity for participation in a living tea tradition.

Ten-thousand cups,
WuDe

Feb 6th, '12, 15:51

by teaisme » Feb 6th, '12, 15:51

sounds like a plan !

I think this quote in the faq page hit home the idea...
"We hope that from your end, you view this as giving, as charity, rather than as a purchase. If you feel you are purchasing something you will feel entitled. The idea is to support and participate in this tradition because you have benefited from it in some way."

I think many of us here on teachat have benefited from this tradition in so many ways. I can say for myself that tea has helped turn my life/perspective of life around so count me in.

One day I hope to swing by your center (hopefully next chinese new yrs). Best wishes with your endeavors. I hope your goals of a permanent center will reach fruition sooner then later.

PS. I miss reading new editions of the leaf (but no rush please!). :mrgreen:

Feb 7th, '12, 02:59

by Wu De » Feb 7th, '12, 02:59

Thank you for the kind words and inspiration!

We would love to have you here any time, all of you (just not at once :D )

As for The Leaf... There is just way, way too much going on here with my students and the courses I am holding overseas for me to do as much with it as I was for so long. And none of the students here have the editing/writing/web skills needed to update it, unfortunately--that's the bad news... The good news, however, is that one of my students is moving to Taiwan this year to study deeper and she is a professional writer/journalist with all the editorial/web skills to not only run and maintain The Leaf, but to do a WAY better job of it than I ever did. And she has agreed to do so. And she is connected to some new authors that will contribute in exciting ways... So, there is light ahead and very soon!!

Love and light,
WuDe

Feb 28th, '12, 20:03

by Wu De » Feb 28th, '12, 20:03

Here is a nice radio interview of me from my last teaching trip to LA.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/suzannetor ... wud-de-way

Hope you enjoy,
WuDe

+ Post Reply