My Fellow Tea Drinkers of the Dallas/Fort Worth Area...

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

My Fellow Tea Drinkers of the Dallas/Fort Worth Area...

Postby tomasini » Apr 12th, '07, 08:26

I will be moving into your neck of the woods in a matter of weeks and I was hoping that you could all fill me in on some good locations for tea shops, tea rooms etc.
I was in Dallas/Coppell for three weeks so I kinda got a feel for the area but all I really found was the Teavana at the Galleria...
Any help would be much appreciated! 8)

User avatar tomasini
Contact tomasini:

Postby Space Samurai » Apr 12th, '07, 12:48

I wish they were some here, and if you find one, please let me know.

Depending on your taste/preferences, Central Market has an ok selection of some quality teas, as does Whole Foods. However, neither of these places has a particularly wide selection of loose leaf tea, and many of their teas are sold in bulk and are not stored properly.

I've been in the Teavana at the Galleria, but I didn't buy anything. Based on what I've been hearing about them, I'm probably not going back.

In the end, I have to buy most of my tea and stuff on line.

User avatar Space Samurai
Contact Space Samurai:

Postby tomasini » Apr 12th, '07, 12:51

Well thanks for the information...even though it was kinda gloomy :-/ Teavana here, in Georgia, or at least the one at at the mall of Georgia, is really nice. The staff is cool and I havn't had any problems with the tea other than the price :-P But what can ya do? When ya need a tea fix, ya need a tea fix...saddly they're becoming the bane of many tea shops and tea rooms...
But ya man, if I find anything you'll be the first to know!

User avatar tomasini
Contact tomasini:

Tea Room In Lewisville, Texas

Postby llg702 » Oct 4th, '07, 00:06

You both should check out Gypsy Rose Tea Room. It is in Lewisville, Texas.

They have a web site - www.gypsyrosetearoom.com

That is where I go. I don't like Tevonas at all!!!

This place is really awesome. I think they opened in August, not sure. But they have a really large selection of loose leaf teas. I have bought at least five so far.

Enjoy!
LaTisha

llg702

Postby Space Samurai » Oct 4th, '07, 00:18

I don't know...caramel rooibos, strawberry cream, doesn't sound like my kind of thing.

User avatar Space Samurai
Contact Space Samurai:

Postby Mary R » Oct 4th, '07, 08:07

Heh...it's just really tickling me that li'l ol' ladies are having Red Hat meetings at a tea room named for a stripper.

User avatar Mary R

Postby llg702 » Oct 4th, '07, 16:18

I went today and had lunch and more tea! Just talking about it yesterday made it crave it.

They just got a new line of teas in, so I tried a few of them. AWESOME!!! They are from Rishi. Not familiar with them, but they were great. She did mention an orgaic tea company out of New York, I think....anyway they are bringing in two new lines.

So give them a try. You might be impressed!

P.S. The Strawberry cream is wonderful iced. Have it! Also have the Caramel rooibos, and love it. My mom is a coffee drinker and claims to hate tea, but she loves my caramel rooibos.

llg702

Today's Poll

Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest