Hello from Victoria

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Feb 17th, '11, 21:46

Hello from Victoria

by Liosis » Feb 17th, '11, 21:46

I followed a link over from http://www.teanerd.com/

I am a philosophy student at University of Victoria, which means I enjoy the aspect of tea which involves naming, defining, and understanding divisions and groups.

I recently ordered a moderately priced yixing teapot from Yunnan Sourcing. Five years ago I accompanied my friend on a yixing hunting adventure. She taught me what she knew about the types of clay and why they are valued. I loved the idea and longed for one. I have seen gongfu preformed twice, and enjoyed the concept of 'a wealth of water,' that spilling water during serving shows abundance. I understood from what reading I have done on the forms that a yixing is not necessary and really to explore chinese tea drinking I should simply purchase a gaiwan and save my money for teas, and yet it is the beautiful little tea pots that draw myself and others into this part of tea. It is one of those 'once you have it you don't need it' paradoxes. In any case I am very excited about it and about moving to something a bit more complex and ritualistic in tea brewing.

Feb 18th, '11, 14:59
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Hello from Victoria

by Chip » Feb 18th, '11, 14:59

Greetings and welcome Liosis to TeaChat! I am sure that we are all looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Please share what is in your cup on TeaDay!

Feb 18th, '11, 15:09

Re: Hello from Victoria

by teaisme » Feb 18th, '11, 15:09

hello !
lucky you Victoria is beautiful I miss bc

welcome to teachat, I like the idea of carefree spilling water while brewing too :mrgreen:

+ Post Reply