Breville One-Touch Tea Maker

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Breville One-Touch Tea Maker

Postby Rb6879 » Feb 14th, '11, 03:10

I just purchased the Breville One-Touch maker and it is fantastic!! Admittedly a bit pricey but the quality and ease of use are amazing. No more overheating the water or guessing about steep times.

I had a Zarafina tea maker in the past and there is no comparison with the Breville. I have never used a TriniTEA tea maker so I can't speak to it's comparability to the Breville.

However if you are looking for a high-end, high-quality tea maker you should certainly look at the Breville One-Touch

This would be a great product to add to the Adagio website.
Rb6879

Re: Breville One-Touch Tea Maker

Postby rabbit » Feb 18th, '11, 18:18

ImageImage
rabbit

Postby Chimpie » Feb 18th, '11, 19:43

:lol:
Chimpie

Postby Olmanrivah » Jun 27th, '11, 12:31

I agree the Breville is a great tea maker. For the folks new to teas, just select the type of tea and push the button. I especially like the basket option. I mainly use the custom settings because I like my tea stronger than most folks.

I figure that a cup of tea now costs me only $6.00 a cup, but, the more I use it the price will come down....lol!
Olmanrivah

Postby olivierco » Jun 27th, '11, 13:15

Breville One-Touch Tea Maker or How to spend 250$ on a machine when you can get better the same (I would even say better) result with a regular teapot...
olivierco

Postby tortoise » Jun 27th, '11, 20:19

man, i'd want that 250 bucks to spend on some good tea.
tortoise

Postby Olmanrivah » Jun 29th, '11, 13:57

olivierco wrote:Breville One-Touch Tea Maker or How to spend 250$ on a machine when you can get better the same (I would even say better) result with a regular teapot...

You can rub 2 sticks together to light a fire. I prefer a match...... :lol:
Olmanrivah

Postby tortoise » Jun 29th, '11, 14:24

Ha ha. Somehow I don't equate brewing tea in teapot to "rubbing two sticks together." :roll:

One touch tea-makers are not likely to get much traction on this forum because people here like to brew their own tea. We think it's fun. :D
tortoise

Postby Olmanrivah » Jun 29th, '11, 15:07

I can appreciate that. The Breville only offers one-touch if you decide to use it. I use the custom settings. By the way, how do you select the proper temperature in brewing on that generic tea pot?
Olmanrivah

Postby tortoise » Jun 29th, '11, 16:38

Olmanrivah wrote:I can appreciate that. The Breville only offers one-touch if you decide to use it. I use the custom settings. By the way, how do you select the proper temperature in brewing on that generic tea pot?

Well, I imagine that none of my pots would be considered "generic" in that they are handmade by skilled artists in Japan and China. I use a thermometer to gauge water temp when less than just off-boil temperatures are required. Many of the oolongs I like are brewed very hot so I don't worry about the exact temp. Still there are other ways to manage heat: an intermediate cooling vessel, the height you pour the water from, the tea pots ability to retain heat, etc, etc. There are also water boilers that have temperature settings. Many ways to skin a cat.
tortoise

Postby AdamMY » Jun 29th, '11, 22:03

Olmanrivah wrote:By the way, how do you select the proper temperature in brewing on that generic tea pot?

"With skill."
AdamMY

Postby tortoise » Jun 29th, '11, 23:15

AdamMY wrote:
Olmanrivah wrote:By the way, how do you select the proper temperature in brewing on that generic tea pot?

"With skill."

And here put more accurately.
tortoise

Postby mrln3talsn » Sep 6th, '11, 20:55

As for me, all my brewing is done in a standard pot, using boiling water.
I have no use for green teas but do brew up oolong at times so temps are not as important. OK so I am not a purist.
mrln3talsn

Instant Messenger

Permissions