Does it matter which oolong tea you drink?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jul 25th, '07, 11:12

by xine » Jul 25th, '07, 11:12

I agree- find the one you like, and perhaps without any other additions like sugar or milk, you might lose weight. Also, don't drink your oolong tea with a big mac or something dumb like that.

I think studies have shown more prevalance with oolong and green teas because of the practice of not adding sugar/milk as you would with many black teas/black tea blends. Who knows?

If anything, the caffeine in tea can give you a boost in your metabolism, and I do find that tea curbs my appetite (to an extent). But if I'm having my afternoon cuppa, I need to have something with it- green tea cookies or some Walkers shortbread. hehe. Otherwise, in the morning I drink a lot of tea with my breakfast or fruit, and it helps keep me satisfied until lunchies.

Spacesamurai- that event in the supermarket makes me really, really, really sad.

Aug 22nd, '07, 13:37

by Mocha Wheels » Aug 22nd, '07, 13:37

i drink 16 oz of a white peppermint/oolong blend at every meal and also a cup of dessert tea such as a chocolate or caramel oolong instead of a night time dessert snack.

Aug 22nd, '07, 17:32

by aqueoustransmegan » Aug 22nd, '07, 17:32

I think the best [and perhaps only real way] tea can help you lose weight is by drinking tea instead of other beverages with more calories like juice or soda. Unsweetened tea usually has like a negligble-zero calories. If you drank 400calories worth of soda a day and replaced it with an equal amount of tea that would be 400 calories a day you were getting rid of from your intake....which overall would then add up to weightloss.

as for tea having some magical make you skinny chemical...I think not. The reason westerners, as a whole, are fatter than easterners is not just because easterners drink tea but because overall the western diet is just SHIT!

Oct 6th, '07, 02:40

by Nathan » Oct 6th, '07, 02:40

I was a disbeliever as to the weight loosing effect of Oolong Tea (Fujian) till i decided to give it a shot. Let me say to one and all that it has done remarkable changes for me. I lost about 10 kilos ( ten) around my tummy over a period of 3 months and 4 1/2 inches on my waist. What it does is it breaks down the extra fat and changes the metabolism to prevent further fat from accumalating. It has also made me feel great and has helped offset the effect of smoking ( no - i am not recommending smoking- just letting you know). It has helped me maintain my Blood pressure and also has helped me to avoid bad breath. No need for mints etc to do the work.
I am not selling anything. Neither am i a Chinese and i have no axe to grind. Its just that i feel i should share my experience with all of you.
One needs to have at least 3 to 4 cups a day, preferably with warm water ( not boiling) and the same leaves can be used each day. about 1 1/2 tea spoons

Oct 9th, '07, 00:46
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Oct 9th, '07, 00:46

It's funny. My doctor seemed to think that tea would not help weight loss and in fact, inhibit it. I don't believe that, but there you go.

I'm convinced that drinking tea and water (without sugar) is going to drop those extra pounds you got from drinking pop. Just not drinking that icky stuff is bound to have an effect.

Oct 9th, '07, 11:22

by bambooforest » Oct 9th, '07, 11:22

I think tea can inspire one to be disciplined... Moreover, as may have been mentioned, drinking tea can interrupt snacks so you may find yourself eating less... In this way, I think tea has a great potential.

Speaking personally, I never eat and drink tea at the same time. It just doesn't make good sense to me. That being said, I've been fortunate to never having any weight issues...

I highly recommend tea on a variety of levels.

Oct 10th, '07, 21:10

by Nathan » Oct 10th, '07, 21:10

skywarrior wrote:It's funny. My doctor seemed to think that tea would not help weight loss and in fact, inhibit it. I don't believe that, but there you go.

I'm convinced that drinking tea and water (without sugar) is going to drop those extra pounds you got from drinking pop. Just not drinking that icky stuff is bound to have an effect.
Doctors thrive based on their recommendation of the Big Pharma's medicines. Most important is the fact that you will find that most medicines are extracts from various plants,flowers and trees. It is always better to take things from a ntaural source.
Yes one should drink the tea plain , without sugar. While it may initially be difficult, one gets to enjoy it after a while.

+ Post Reply