Help me find some Darjiling Oolong

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Help me find some Darjiling Oolong

Postby Elle » Oct 6th, '07, 17:35

Back when I got the oolong sampler from Adagio, the Darjiling Oolong was my favorite of the set. Well, I've been wanting to order more for the last several months and it's been out of stock. As the ETA of Adagio's next shipment seems to have slipped from September to November I mught just have to break down and order it from somewhere else. So who's got the good stuff? I peaked at Upton's website and they're carrying Darjiling Oolong from five different estates...I may be a budding tea snob but I'm not nearly *that* discriminating! Nor does it have to be the absolute most expensive.
Elle

Postby Zanato » Oct 7th, '07, 02:30

I would also like an answer. Looking for a nice representation of the 'ideal' Darjeeling oolong. Thanks. :)
Zanato

Postby ABx » Oct 7th, '07, 04:48

Upton would probably be your best bet - just choose the one that most easily suits your budget. If they're all in your price range, then just look at the description and go for what sounds the best to you.
ABx

Postby Chip » Oct 7th, '07, 12:15

I agree with ABX, I am not a fan of Upton's greens, but they do Indian tea, especially Darjeeling, very well. Just make sure you get 2007 harvest.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Proinsias » Oct 7th, '07, 13:11

There was a Megham Darjeeling Oolong sent out as a tasting sample from TChing which knocked my socks off.

It's available from TChing and I've also ordered some from Lochan Tea

The sampler pack from Lochan is $25 inc p&p and has a few Darjeeling Oolongs in there, I've got one on the way atm.

Keep us updated with any good finds.
Last edited by Proinsias on Oct 7th, '07, 19:40, edited 3 times in total.
Proinsias

Postby Mary R » Oct 7th, '07, 15:12

The Meghma oolong is actually Nepalese. The estate in Nepal is geographically close to India's Darjeeling region, and the oolong itself is fan-freakin-tastic, but it is not technically Darjeeling.
Mary R

Postby Proinsias » Oct 7th, '07, 19:36

Cheers Mary, I can now look forward to tasting my first Darjeeling oolong soon.

Apologies for the misspelling of meghma, it's one of those words my brain seems hard-wired to misspell despite my best efforts.
Proinsias

Postby Laurence » Dec 14th, '07, 14:01

Poobong Estates Darjeeling from Upton is very good.
Sorry I took so long to get here, this is actually my first post.
Laurence

Postby Victoria » Jan 9th, '08, 20:00

I just had a nice one from Republic of Tea. It is one of their special reserve ones - Tukdah Rare Darjeeling Tea
Victoria

Instant Messenger

Permissions