Love Mystery Books ..and Tea?

For general/other topics related to tea.

Feb 26th, '11, 13:17

Love Mystery Books ..and Tea?

by Windy_City_TeaCup » Feb 26th, '11, 13:17

Hi Tea Chatters!

I'm an avid mystery book reader. I think it is a bit of an escape from my workaholic ways and I love trying to figure out the who-done-it! Anyways I stumbled upon a great little book series called The Tea Shop Mysteries by Laura Childs. Link -http://www.laurachilds.com/teashopmys.html

Basically the story line is about a marketing executive (like me so maybe that is why I relate) who was tired of the rat race and loved tea. So she ditches the briefcase and buys a little tea shop in Charleston, SC. Mysteries and hilarity ensue.They are a fast light read, fun, and sprinkle lots of tea facts and recipes. I have read a little shy of the half the series and am really enjoying it. The tea facts are in line with the old English version of tea drinking but nonetheless fun!

Just sharing... :)

Cheers,
Windy_City_TeaCup

Feb 26th, '11, 14:40

Re: Love Mystery Books ..and Tea?

by artmom » Feb 26th, '11, 14:40

Welcome, Windy! I enjoyed that series for a while, then the books became rather predictable. I am very familiar with the Carolina Low Country having lived there half a century ago and visited often since then; still have cousins there. :D

Hope you continue to enjoy the series AND TeaChat.

Mar 1st, '11, 20:38

by Annabelle » Mar 1st, '11, 20:38

I love mysteries, and yes, I'm familiar with the Tea Shop Mystery series. I've read the first one, and have the second one but haven't yet read it.

It's a cute series and I like the main character. Makes for light, fun reading - and goes nicely with a cup of tea, too :)!

Mar 4th, '11, 08:03

by Windy_City_TeaCup » Mar 4th, '11, 08:03

You are right artmom - they are getting a bit predictable - but so far still enjoying the few I have read. I think it is just the lighthearted fun of it all that is a nice break from my business-minded perspective at the office. Brew a hot cup of tea...sit in my comfy chair with a easy reading book and relaxation is upon me! :D

Annabelle - I too like the main character. I relate to her down to the auburn hair :D

Cheers ladies!
Windy_City_TeaCup

+ Post Reply