ONLINE TEA BIZ COURSES

Trends and Tips on developing and operating a tea business.

ONLINE TEA BIZ COURSES

Postby preciousstone » Oct 6th, '07, 13:01

has anyone taken the course from lady dawna at startateabusiness.com? Did you find it useful? Any other suggestions...
preciousstone

Postby CynTEAa » Oct 9th, '07, 10:04

Hi Preciousstone,

Have heard mixed reviews, and therefore think it may depend on your current level of knowledge and intentions. What are you looking to do? Cafe, tea room, on-line biz?

~CynTEAa
CynTEAa

Postby preciousstone » Oct 29th, '07, 10:07

CynTEAa wrote:Hi Preciousstone,

Have heard mixed reviews, and therefore think it may depend on your current level of knowledge and intentions. What are you looking to do? Cafe, tea room, on-line biz?

~CynTEAa

I'd like to open a tea and coffeeshop in about 18 months. I am a total novice and would like to make a worthwhile investment somewhere. I am wondering if its just best to go to a trade show ... take in a few seminars and narrow my knowledge down to just what I'll need for my cafe... The cost of the lady dawna class is over $700 and she claims to be one of the lowest prices around...

Need some opinions on what would be better... narrowing my knowledge to what i'm going to offer or something else like a trade show...

Thanks..
preciousstone

Postby Wesli » Oct 29th, '07, 10:38

I can't say because I don't know what kind of business you want to create. Is your goal to cater to the uninformed tea drinker, or to the connoisseur? Both? Neither?
You should, however, study the ins and outs of whatever you will be selling. Lots of information on the internet about tea. But seminars etc. may be the best place to learn about tea "business."

Tea businesses should be created out of love!
Wesli

Postby CynTEAa » Oct 29th, '07, 13:36

From what I have heard, Lady Dawnya is good if you are opening a tea room or shop, especially for the novice.

The World Tea Expo always has good seminars for newbies. But it is a ways off and you could be doing so much now to open in 18 months.

Some of the larger tea vendors should be able to provide some guidance for best selling items and some basic tea knowledge for you. Most employ at least one person with tea expertise and who has helped other start ups get going.

The most successful shop owners do a lot of research, ask many questions, and visit others shops and cafes.

Do you yet have a business plan? Location?

Now here's my shameless plug: I do work for Adagio and would be happy to help. Feel free to PM me. :wink:
CynTEAa

Instant Messenger

Permissions