Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Discussion on virtually any teaware related item.

Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby Chip » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:49

We begin a new chapter, you can visit where we left off here:
http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14265&p=190284#p190284

"A Journey into the TeaCave ..." Part 1.

The shelves hold the wooden boxes (sans the signed lids) that these pieces came in ... works nicely for displaying when you have a LOT to display.

This is where we sit for tea ... the pieces shown here, 80% are from the Hagi SO program, but not all the Hagi SOs are here.

Image
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22821
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI ...

Postby iannon » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:55

looks like its about time for a cave cleaning clearout sale!
User avatar iannon
Posts: 1631
Joined: Dec 30, '08
Location: The foot of the great Smoky Mountains

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby Chip » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:56

iannon wrote:looks like its about time for a cave cleaning clearout sale!

I think you have me confused with Ambrose! :mrgreen:

Part 2 tomorrow ... followed by ......................
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22821
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby iannon » Mar 2nd, '11, 21:57

Chip wrote:
iannon wrote:looks like its about time for a cave cleaning clearout sale!

I think you have me confused with Ambrose! :mrgreen:

Part 2 tomorrow ... followed by ......................

....the clearance sale!
User avatar iannon
Posts: 1631
Joined: Dec 30, '08
Location: The foot of the great Smoky Mountains

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby IPT » Mar 2nd, '11, 22:41

very nice!
User avatar IPT
Vendor Member
Posts: 1556
Joined: Nov 13, '09
Location: Guilin, Guangxi China
Contact IPT:

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby Chip » Mar 2nd, '11, 22:50

iannon wrote:
Chip wrote:
iannon wrote:looks like its about time for a cave cleaning clearout sale!

I think you have me confused with Ambrose! :mrgreen:

Part 2 tomorrow ... followed by ......................

....the clearance sale!

But don't you know by now, Hagi never goes on sale! :(

Thanks IPT. :mrgreen:
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22821
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby karmaplace » Mar 3rd, '11, 01:07

Chip wrote:"A Journey into the TeaCave ..." Part 1.

Image


I strive to having something this beautiful in my home someday. :cry:
User avatar karmaplace
Posts: 333
Joined: May 03, '10
Location: Ulsan, South Korea
Contact karmaplace:

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby Chip » Mar 3rd, '11, 01:28

karmaplace wrote:I strive to having something this beautiful in my home someday. :cry:

You have some lovely pieces already ... and more coming very soon! :wink: :mrgreen:
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22821
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby karmaplace » Mar 3rd, '11, 01:51

Chip wrote:You have some lovely pieces already ... and more coming very soon! :wink: :mrgreen:


I know. I was referring to my wish for a cat-free zone where I can display them. :lol: My cat likes to play the "push and pull things off shelves" game. :roll:
User avatar karmaplace
Posts: 333
Joined: May 03, '10
Location: Ulsan, South Korea
Contact karmaplace:

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby Chip » Mar 3rd, '11, 02:00

karmaplace wrote:
Chip wrote:You have some lovely pieces already ... and more coming very soon! :wink: :mrgreen:


I know. I was referring to my wish for a cat-free zone where I can display them. :lol: My cat likes to play the "push and pull things off shelves" game. :roll:

Ohhhh, there is cat protection built into this that does not meet the eye. And is one reason why this is a DVD/CD unit versus a deep bookshelf ... if you catch my drift!?! :mrgreen: :idea: :wink:
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22821
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby Nenugal » Mar 3rd, '11, 02:03

Chip wrote:"A Journey into the TeaCave ..." Part 1.

The shelves hold the wooden boxes (sans the signed lids) that these pieces came in ... works nicely for displaying when you have a LOT to display.

This is where we sit for tea ... the pieces shown here, 80% are from the Hagi SO program, but not all the Hagi SOs are here.

Image


As previously mentioned in an alternate universe: Ooh shiny... *-*

Just wondering, if the signed lids are stored separately, how do you keep track of which lid belongs to which piece?
User avatar Nenugal
Posts: 492
Joined: Aug 06, '10
Location: Norway

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby Chip » Mar 3rd, '11, 02:09

Nenugal wrote:As previously mentioned in an alternate universe: Ooh shiny... *-*

Just wondering, if the signed lids are stored separately, how do you keep track of which lid belongs to which piece?

:shock: Oh SHIT! :shock:

OK, I actually have the lids all stacked together with a note for each lid. :mrgreen:
User avatar Chip
Mod/Admin
Posts: 22821
Joined: Apr 22, '06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby David R. » Mar 3rd, '11, 03:20

I guess the question is : how many parts of this "Journey into the Tea Cave" will there be !?!

Another one could be : how many will it take for my jaw not te be able to climb up ever again ! :lol:
User avatar David R.
Posts: 1112
Joined: Oct 06, '09
Location: France
Contact David R.:

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby karmaplace » Mar 3rd, '11, 04:12

David R. wrote:I guess the question is : how many parts of this "Journey into the Tea Cave" will there be !?!

Another one could be : how many will it take for my jaw not te be able to climb up ever again ! :lol:


I'm still stumbling from Part One. :lol: I may have to join iannon in a "Clearance Sale" chant. :mrgreen:
User avatar karmaplace
Posts: 333
Joined: May 03, '10
Location: Ulsan, South Korea
Contact karmaplace:

Re: NEW CHAPTER! Show Off Your Pots and Cups XVI

Postby Stentor » Mar 3rd, '11, 06:04

Love it, Chip, a beautiful collection.
Also, nice tease by showing only a little of the other shelves in the background :)
Many more parts to come I hope!

P.S. Nice thermometer friendly yuzamashi :)
User avatar Stentor
Posts: 556
Joined: Oct 08, '10
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Germany


Today's Poll



Community

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest