Wednesday TeaDay 3/2/11 TeaPlan, yes or no?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Do you generally plan out your TeaDays TEAs? Or to you choose what to brew based on what suits your fancy at the time? Please share! 2 votes.

I generally plan
No votes
I generally partially plan
7%
I sometimes plan
13%
I hardly ever plan
19%
I usually choose at the moment
41%
I always brew based on what suits my fancy at the moment
20%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 54

Mar 2nd, '11, 13:42

Re: Wednesday TeaDay 3/2/11 TeaPlan, yes or no?

by debunix » Mar 2nd, '11, 13:42

I brew what suits my fancy at the moment, unless participating in a tasting where I want to get the review out in a timely fashion.

This morning, Honyama sencha suited my fancy, but my afternoon thermos for a long meeting is a tea that I've been putting off after a not-so-good first experience. Hoping this round goes better.

Mar 2nd, '11, 15:04

by TwoPynts » Mar 2nd, '11, 15:04

Another chooser at the moment here.

Had a Russian Black Tea today.

Mar 2nd, '11, 15:53
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 2nd, '11, 15:53

Thank you Herb_Master for coloring our TeaDay!

The first tea of the day is always planned ... beyond this, anything may happen. However if I listened to my cravings ... my fancy at the moment, it would be sencha each and every time, so I actually have to occasionally purpose myself to brew something else.

And first tea of the day is always ... sencha ... as long as there is sencha in the house.

Began the TD with Hosen from Ippodo with the Mrs. as usual served in a Tempest Hagi.

Mar 2nd, '11, 17:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Mar 2nd, '11, 17:13

:D Still sticking to Plan A :lol:

This time my cheap DC is getting some Yixing treatment, in a cheap thickish walled zi sha from Zen8Tea

Probably, :roll: , no definitely my favourite over the expensive Gaiwan and Ultra expensive Gisui Tokoname and this pot only cost 10$ :lol:

Though I still have to work on the Gisui - it was used without any prepping or seasoning, and i want to try higher quality DC and better water - this was made with filtered tap water and the filter is long past it's change by date. I usually prefer DC with a high mineral bottled water (a later part of Plan A)

Thicker more texture and flavour and the aroma is still there, this time at the back of the mouth instead of nose and front of mouth.

I am not impressed with Zen8Tea 's good value Taiwanese Oolongs though they are steady affordable everyday teas. But I think their teaware is an excellent intro to Gong Fu at an incredibly reasoable price.

Plan A rocks and has many days/weeks left in it :D

Mar 2nd, '11, 17:44

by LauraW » Mar 2nd, '11, 17:44

Usually choose at the moment, though i do have to think ahead enough to select a few teas for work. Typically I keep a white, an oolong and a black at work, always easy to brew, since I do more often forget about steeping tea at work than when at home.

No tea today. Had oral surgery this morning and can't have hot food or beverage. Might have to have some slightly warm tea later though, i'm craving some oolong...

Mar 2nd, '11, 19:54

by Peacock » Mar 2nd, '11, 19:54

I drink whatever fancies me at the moment. With sencha though, I only have 3 or 4 options to pick from at the time. So there's really no planning involved unless I have guests, then I'll give them the choice to pick what they want.

Mar 2nd, '11, 20:29
Vendor Member

by IPT » Mar 2nd, '11, 20:29

Herb_Master wrote:
IPT wrote:It certainly looks like you have a thing for the Eight Immortals. Very cool! I like them as well and collect them. Who is your favorite?
Probably Zhongli Quan (Chung-li Ch’üan)

I have yet to find any English translations of their exploits.
I don't believe they have ever been translated into English. I keep looking though. I like Zhongli Quan too, but Tieguai Li is my favorite. I know he's everybody's favorite, but I like his story.

Mar 2nd, '11, 22:08

by Skippyandjif » Mar 2nd, '11, 22:08

I generally partially plan-- I try to drink teas that I have a lot of, but I also go by what I want to drink at that moment.

Rose congou this afternoon, about to drink some rosemary tisane.

Mar 3rd, '11, 01:58
Vendor Member

by Xell » Mar 3rd, '11, 01:58

I don't plan what i'm going to drink at all. Just now finished can of yame gyokuro gokujo, a lot of broken leaves at the end. Though didn't affect taste at all :) Since not much was left, it became a bit weak. But actually i liked it more, will use less leaf from now.

Some quick photos

Mar 6th, '11, 07:51

by Marco » Mar 6th, '11, 07:51

Plans are for .... :mrgreen:
Well maybe for good organized people.

With tea your mood is important and so drink what you feel like.