What is the right music for Adagio?

Be a part of "TeaRetailer" history in the making.

Re: What is the right music for Adagio?

Postby RyanGreen » Mar 9th, '11, 03:13

You should have some of your teachat people send in some stuff...

;)
RyanGreen

Postby IPT » Mar 9th, '11, 04:57

I would suggest traditional Asian instrumental music. That can be quite lovely and soothing.
IPT
Vendor Member

Postby decon » Mar 10th, '11, 04:02

(tea to trance) trance music! (137 bpm) 8)

'm imagining if the play is a popular karaoke song (with a big led tv) .. would not seem to fall asleep. :idea:
but your employees will not do their work.. :?
decon

Postby randroli » Jul 18th, '11, 13:04

Charles,

As a musician by training (several 4-year degrees but not much to do with 'em!), I might have a bit of insight into this question, as it is one I've asked myself when envisioning my own tea shop. I like the idea of Jazz, but it would need to be jazz with a twist - some of Norah Jones' newer stuff would do, it's mellow but interesting.

I love the idea of mixing Jazz Noveau with ethnic sounds as well; you can get really good CDs of traditional Indian sitar stuff, Japanese Shakuhachi (blown flutes), and traditional Chinese music that is never boisterous or unexpected (like a lot of classical music would be). If you do want to go the classical route, some good light stuff to play would be Chopin's nocturnes, Bach's English and French suites, etc. I can give more suggestions if you'd like.
randroli

Postby teaisme » Jul 18th, '11, 16:45

randroli wrote:Charles,

As a musician by training (several 4-year degrees but not much to do with 'em!), I might have a bit of insight into this question, as it is one I've asked myself when envisioning my own tea shop. I like the idea of Jazz, but it would need to be jazz with a twist - some of Norah Jones' newer stuff would do, it's mellow but interesting.

I love the idea of mixing Jazz Noveau with ethnic sounds as well; you can get really good CDs of traditional Indian sitar stuff, Japanese Shakuhachi (blown flutes), and traditional Chinese music that is never boisterous or unexpected (like a lot of classical music would be). If you do want to go the classical route, some good light stuff to play would be Chopin's nocturnes, Bach's English and French suites, etc. I can give more suggestions if you'd like.

+1

But of course it all depends on who your customers are

A good mix of different genres may be a good idea. That way you don't just attract one crowd. Things that are mellow, along with things that are upbeat and inspire you to bob and move (at least in your head) :mrgreen: example Richard Bona - Dina Lam, Beats Antique-I Got. Two very different but beautiful songs.
teaisme

Previous

Instant Messenger

Permissions