Chai Tea, please

Let us know if you've found the perfect product for Adagio to sell.

Chai Tea, please

Postby Bean » Jun 13th, '05, 18:16

I know you've probably heard this a thousand times already, but I would love to buy Chai tea from Adagio. I don't really enjoy the Oriental Spice :cry: .
Bean

Postby chris » Jun 14th, '05, 10:12

Thanks for the post.

Finding a universally accepted chai has been an elusive problem for us for several reasons. There are many variations on "Chai" out there. Are you looking for Chai in the traditional form (has many indian spices, including pepper, cardamom, etc), or a more Americanized version?

Also, there is the problem of milk -- most people know of Chai as a "latte" that includes steamed milk. As you can imagine, this is tough to sell this online.

We're working on it, though!

Best,

Chris
Adagio Chai Maestro
chris

Postby Daniel S » Jul 30th, '05, 00:22

I'm assuming the Oriental Spice doesn't contain any pepper like most other chai mixes that I've seen. To be honest - I prefer it without pepper! Since the Oriental Spice isn't called 'chai' in the name, I assumed that meant it wasn't ready for primetime chai. But after getting some in the flavored black iced tea set, I'm sold that it makes excellent chai. Frankly, I don't need the pepper.
Daniel S

Problems with chai

Postby Wilf_Brim » Aug 20th, '05, 23:19

I haven't yet found any dry chai mixes worthy of drinking. They have all been rather weak and watery, pretty much universal disappointments.

The liquids are much better, but I don't see how they could be sold economically via internet.
Wilf_Brim

Providing links

Postby ilya » Aug 21st, '05, 12:57

People,

Please feel comfortable leaving URLs in your messages. We're not going to bite your heads off for mentioning competitors. The idea of TeaChat is to build a tea community, thus we are not interested in stifling conversations.
ilya
Site Admin

Postby Marlene » Aug 21st, '05, 13:34

Thanks Ilya,
My favoite Chai I get from Enjoying Tea.
http://www.enjoyingtea.com/chai-tea.html
I realy like the rose chai.
Marlene
Marlene

Postby teaspoon » Aug 21st, '05, 21:35

Ooh, competition... how... competitive... ;)

Ok but seriously, try ordering chai (by phone or email) from www.alchemyteas.com SUCH. A. GOOD. CHAI. Not a mix though, so you have to add your own milk and honey. But still. Trust me on this one.

~the honesteaspoon
teaspoon

Postby klemptor » Aug 22nd, '05, 18:20

Adagio could consider selling tea masala. This could be used to help make chai, or can be used to make plain Indian tea.
klemptor

Postby teamuse » Sep 16th, '05, 01:37

klemptor wrote:Adagio could consider selling tea masala. This could be used to help make chai, or can be used to make plain Indian tea.

i totally agree with you! i personally prefer the masala so the drinker can spice up their tea to their tastes (for me spice and fire)
additionally it is fun to experiment with making more traditional indian chai with different types of tea, not just darjeeling (iirc).

i cannot find a tea masala in my area and would love if it was offered by adagio.
teamuse

Instant Messenger

Permissions