Not actually new

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Mar 14th, '11, 12:38

Not actually new

by Evan Draper » Mar 14th, '11, 12:38

Hello everyone. I was all over this forum 5 or 6 years ago, but after several platform tweaks, all my posts are registered under "guest." I've been amazed to see how much teachat has taken off in the interim; I used to be one of the most knowledgeable people around, and now I'm a rank amateur again! So I'm just trying to get my post count up so I can use the IM function....

Mar 14th, '11, 12:40
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Not actually new

by Chip » Mar 14th, '11, 12:40

Hi Evan, you must have been one of the earliest members.

Hope to see you again one day soon! :wink: :mrgreen:

Mar 14th, '11, 12:43

by Evan Draper » Mar 14th, '11, 12:43

By way of a proper introduction, I work at the Random Tea Room in Philadelphia, and you can follow my blog at plucktea.com. I've been leading a "tea book club" with Delmas's "Tea Drinker's Handbook" as a starting point, so lately I've been "researching" tea faster than I can "reflect" in a blog post....

Mar 14th, '11, 12:48

by Evan Draper » Mar 14th, '11, 12:48

Yeah Chip, B didn't tell me you were coming--I hope to repeat the experience with more preparation! Random is REALLY busy on weekend mornings with the brunch crowd--there's a popular restaurant at the end of the block, and they send people who are waiting for tables to our tea room. When they're ready for them, they call on the walkie-talkie!

Mar 15th, '11, 07:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by brandon » Mar 15th, '11, 07:39

Evan Draper wrote:Yeah Chip, B didn't tell me you were coming--I hope to repeat the experience with more preparation! Random is REALLY busy on weekend mornings with the brunch crowd--there's a popular restaurant at the end of the block, and they send people who are waiting for tables to our tea room. When they're ready for them, they call on the walkie-talkie!
Barely knew he was coming myself!
Have been waiting years to catch the elusive sencha monster outside of his teacave.

Mar 15th, '11, 07:47

by Windy_City_TeaCup » Mar 15th, '11, 07:47

Hi Evan,

Happy that you are back. You seem to have a lot of tea knowledge to help us newbies!

Look forward to your posts!

Cheers,
Windy_City_TeaCup

+ Post Reply