Fall brings out the black tea

These teas can resemble virtually any flavor imaginable.

Oct 16th, '07, 16:06

Fall brings out the black tea

by Samovar » Oct 16th, '07, 16:06

Even though I've been drinking more green tea lately (Matcha and Sencha), I always crave more flavored black tea in the fall and winter.

I just ordered Adagio Valentines and Vanilla. I let my tins run dry and I will make certain that this does not happen again.

Samovar

Oct 16th, '07, 22:50
Location: Somewhere in the wilds of Montana, but never without a teacup.

by skywarrior » Oct 16th, '07, 22:50

I drink a lot of chocolate tea. Cinnamon is good too.

Oct 17th, '07, 07:04

by Ed » Oct 17th, '07, 07:04

Yeah, it's funny how I have been suddenly craving black tea after drinking nothing but green tea for a very long time. I ordered some chai and some vanilla flavored black tea. And I got some second flush Darjeeling too. :P

Oct 17th, '07, 10:10
Location: curled up with my cats, a good book, and a nice cup of tea

by Cinnamon » Oct 17th, '07, 10:10

It must have something to do with the cooler weather and the thought that spicier flavors are 'right' and that black tea is a bit 'heartier'. I've been finding myself reaching for my flavored blacks more often, as well.

I actually find it pleasant that I can vary my tea based on the seasons. But then, I'm fairly easy to please. ;)

~Cin

Oct 17th, '07, 11:36

by xine » Oct 17th, '07, 11:36

I've been partial to oolong as of late, but yesterday I had this uncontrollable craving for black fruit-flavored tea (like RoT blackberry sage) with cream and honey- something I haven't had in a while. In a LONG while. I couldn't stop thinking about it for an hour.

I think it might have been a craving for cake or pie in disguise... I did not give into my craving, as it was 7pm, and I could not indulge. The other day in the office, we all drank a bunch of our black apple flavored tea, in celebration of fall, as well as the fact that a whole bunch of us had gone apple-picking.

Oct 17th, '07, 19:39

by Cinnamon » Oct 17th, '07, 19:39

Ooh, apple-picking! I'm a bit jealous of that, Christine. We don't really have anything like that here. It's more seashells and sand dunes.

I brewed up some Christmas tea today and added just a touch of maple syrup (the real McCoy). It was the perfect compliment to the spices and helped warm up a chilly, grey day.

~Cin

Oct 18th, '07, 19:10

by henley » Oct 18th, '07, 19:10

Okay, Cin, now I'm jealous of you! While the mountains here are pretty, I'd much rather see seashells & sand dunes!

Looking forward to trying some African Autumn tea from Harney & Sons. My shipment should be here any day. Can't remember all the details but it has cranberry & oranges... Anyone tried it before?

~Henley

Oct 19th, '07, 09:22

by Samovar » Oct 19th, '07, 09:22

My Adagio Valentines and Vanilla teas are arriving today - just in time for Sweetest Day! :D

Samovar

Oct 19th, '07, 18:36

by Cinnamon » Oct 19th, '07, 18:36

Henley, let me know where to send it and I'll pack up a box for you. :lol:

I've never tried that tea, but it sounds very yummy. You'll have to let us know how it is once it arrives.

Samovar, I knew you'd be getting that Valentine's tea soon! :)

My order arrived today. New shipment of Pumpkin Spice and Chestnut, as well as some others. Now I'm sitting here trying to decide which to have first! *does a happy Snoopy dance*

~Cin

Dec 15th, '07, 22:26

by teaforleelee » Dec 15th, '07, 22:26

[quote="xine"]I've been partial to oolong as of late, but yesterday I had this uncontrollable craving for black fruit-flavored tea (like RoT blackberry sage) with cream and honey- something I haven't had in a while. In a LONG while. I couldn't stop thinking about it for an hour.quote]

I love RoT blackberry sage as an iced tea, but somehow it doesn't have enough flavor for me to be served hot. I tried it the way you drink it, with honey and cream (only with imitation honey and silk cream, because I'm vegan), and its great! So, thanks.

+ Post Reply