Coffee Drinkers

Miscellaneous Discussion. Any topics that don't fit in other areas of the forum.

Mar 26th, '11, 07:51

Coffee Drinkers

by takchi11 » Mar 26th, '11, 07:51

Are there tea drinkers here that drink coffee as well? How much of tea do you consume a day? How much coffee do you consume a day? Does it balance out your yin & yang? :roll:

Mar 26th, '11, 10:06
Vendor Member

Re: Coffee Drinkers

by gingkoseto » Mar 26th, '11, 10:06

I love coffee, and got some coffee advice here in the past :D
I drink no more than 1 cup of coffee every day, and think that's how I can maintain myself in love of it and not ruined by it :mrgreen:
I have no idea about yin and yang though. I think coffee has stronger warming effect on me than tea. But 1 cup can't do much anyway.

Mar 26th, '11, 10:32

by tortoise » Mar 26th, '11, 10:32

I like coffee and drink it occasionally, though not with any regularity. When I do drink it, I usually stick to just one -- not as a matter of discipline, rather that's all I can handle.

Mar 26th, '11, 19:19

by entropyembrace » Mar 26th, '11, 19:19

I drink coffee nearly as much as tea...so nearly every day I have at least one mugfull...quite often more :mrgreen:

Tea I usually drink 1-2L of in a day...

I don´t believe in ying yang....both are yummy and make me happy :mrgreen:

Mar 26th, '11, 21:08
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 26th, '11, 21:08

Does smelling fresh roasted coffee beans count? Love the aroma, but have never been able to enjoy the brew.

Mar 26th, '11, 21:22
Scrolling: scrolling

by Herb_Master » Mar 26th, '11, 21:22

I start every day with Coffee and sometimes have 3 lots of coffeee before I start on tea :P

One of my greatest enjoyments in life is GOOD coffee!

Whoever invented Instant Coffee should be reviled for ever.

Whether a good high pressure expresso machine, stovetop expresso pot, or cafetiere (called French Press sometimes), or Cona - Good freshly ground well roasted Coffee Beans can be sublime.

Mar 26th, '11, 22:46

by entropyembrace » Mar 26th, '11, 22:46

Herb_Master wrote:I start every day with Coffee and sometimes have 3 lots of coffeee before I start on tea :P

One of my greatest enjoyments in life is GOOD coffee!

Whoever invented Instant Coffee should be reviled for ever.

Whether a good high pressure expresso machine, stovetop expresso pot, or cafetiere (called French Press sometimes), or Cona - Good freshly ground well roasted Coffee Beans can be sublime.
Definitely! Just like tea, the enjoyment of coffee increases a lot if you take the time to find a quality source and prepare the coffee well :)

And there are so many ways to brew coffee...can be fun just playing with different methods :)

Mar 27th, '11, 01:08

by SlientSipper » Mar 27th, '11, 01:08

I drink Coffee when there is no tea.
I drink coffee to wake up in a hurry.
I don't get that sense of serenity from brewing it though.
Tea is much more of a pleasure and a relaxation thing.

Mar 27th, '11, 01:13

by AdamMY » Mar 27th, '11, 01:13

I will say I have had a coffee I enjoyed so much it rivaled some of the best teas I have had. But finding coffee like that is quite hard, especially in the states. It just so happened that this batch was roasted just the prior day from a local coffee shop. But that being said tea to me stays fresher longer.

Mar 27th, '11, 01:45

by entropyembrace » Mar 27th, '11, 01:45

AdamMY wrote:I will say I have had a coffee I enjoyed so much it rivaled some of the best teas I have had. But finding coffee like that is quite hard, especially in the states. It just so happened that this batch was roasted just the prior day from a local coffee shop. But that being said tea to me stays fresher longer.
Once you roast it coffee starts going stale....if you really, really want the freshest coffee possible you buy green beans and roast at home just before use.

So....it really doesn´t stay fresh as long as tea other than in it´s green form :?

Mar 27th, '11, 07:04

by Chasm » Mar 27th, '11, 07:04

Chip wrote:Does smelling fresh roasted coffee beans count? Love the aroma, but have never been able to enjoy the brew.
My experience exactly.

I have a relative who likes his coffee pedestrian and his single malt scotch to be of the finest. I love sitting near him when he drinks the scotch, because I love the aroma. He always offers me some, but I don't drink it because it overwhelms my palate. Why waste such expensive liquid on someone who can't appreciate it? If I simply get to enjoy the aroma of his as he slowly sips it, two get to experience it for the price of one.

Mar 27th, '11, 12:38
Vendor Member

by Xell » Mar 27th, '11, 12:38

Drinking instant coffee time to time... does it count? :lol:
I tried some nice coffee from fresh roasted beans, it was nice, but too small cup to enjoy and too much caffeine to drink more than one cup at once. I'm a bit sensitive to this, so green tea is far better choice, i can drink quite a lot without any problems.

Some time ago i was preparing coffee only with milk, without water at all. What i was doing is, heat up milk in pot, put coffee, keep it on fire for a 2-5min and pass through filter after it's done. This probably my favorite, of course everything with quite a lot of sugar :)

Mar 27th, '11, 17:30

by entropyembrace » Mar 27th, '11, 17:30

Xell wrote: I tried some nice coffee from fresh roasted beans, it was nice, but too small cup to enjoy
A lot of people say the same thing when they see "gongfu" tea cups :lol:

Mar 31st, '11, 12:16

by CliveB » Mar 31st, '11, 12:16

I usually start my day with tea because it isn't as hard on my stomach. After breakfast, around 10am or so, I plunge into the coffee for a work boost. That's by far my favorite method for staying caffeinated.

Mar 31st, '11, 18:02

by Scott » Mar 31st, '11, 18:02

I have a cup of coffee in the morning for the added caffeine kick. I then drink tea the rest of the day.

I do drink coffee when I'm at a restaurant. I usually don't like the tea selections; nor do I want to seem pretentious by bringing my own tea.

+ Post Reply