Guayaki Bottled Mate Reviews.

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Guayaki Bottled Mate Reviews.

Postby SlientSipper » Mar 27th, '11, 01:01

I have taken it upon myself to review a series of bottled Mate's
that can be bought at whole foods for $1.97 a bottle. The bottle claims to be campaigning for a nobel cause to help the enviroment. To learn more about it you might want to check out their website.
www.guayaki.com/restore

No I do not own or represent the company in anyway. I am merely a drinker with an opinion.

I don't have much time on my lap top to be as thorough as I want but, I will attempt to be useful. So I apologize in advanced if this seems rushed.

First to be reviewed.
Empower-Mint.

This mate was obviously minty. but, not too minty. Just the right amount of mint. I would recommend this to mint lovers. The energy boost was almost immediate for me but, it didn't last long and I never noticed a crash. The smell was great and so was the body.
It was good to the last drop. Though, the bottle could be a little bit bigger. Color didn't seem pleasent but, what can you do?
I give this mate an 9.5/10 Worth a shot.

Next up.

Orginal mate. So the bottle says that it was created with the help of a man who came from the Mate growing region of Argentina. Only problem is that its lightly sweetened. Errrr It was a little too sweet for me but, not enough to be undrinkable or anything. I didn't really feel an energy boost from this one. But, I am quite used to caffeine in my system so I can't be sure of all of you. I prefer my teas to be traditional anyway.
I give this one a 7.5/10

Lastly we have.

Pure Passion.
This is mate mixed with passion fruit.
I am normally not a fan of fruit blended teas but, this is quite an exception. This has a nice body to it. the smell reminds me of a tropical island. Very rich in fragrance. I don't really feel much of an energy boost from it but, I do feel refreshed. It was the most thirst quenching of the three. Again, this indeed on the sweet side. The bottle sizes are all the same. It could be a bit bigger but, that's not too disheartening.
I give this a 9/10.

I might make a few more reviews before I go to Japan.
SlientSipper

Re: Guayaki Bottled Mate Reviews.

Postby chamomileteaguy » Mar 28th, '11, 15:48

very interesting post, thanks for the good read. Looks like something I might want to try myself. Thanks again!
chamomileteaguy

Postby SlientSipper » Apr 4th, '11, 01:01

Guess no one else cares about the rest of my review? :(
SlientSipper

Postby Chip » Apr 4th, '11, 01:06

Impressive review, I guess not a lot of interest in mate on the forum right now.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby SlientSipper » Apr 4th, '11, 01:09

Chip wrote:Impressive review, I guess not a lot of interest in mate on the forum right now.

Apparently so, I don't know what possessed me to believe that people might want to stray away from the traditional Camellia Sinensis for a moment.
oh well.
SlientSipper

Postby entropyembrace » Apr 27th, '11, 23:03

I dont usually check this part of the forum so I missed until now...

I´ve tried a few of them and I like the empower-mint and orignal mate...they´re nice alternatives to soda...they´re sweetened but not as much as soda and it´s cut a bit with the bitterness from the mate...makes for a nice refreshing RTD great for hot summer afternoons...which I hope will come soon :mrgreen:
entropyembrace

Postby SlientSipper » May 1st, '11, 01:41

entropyembrace wrote:I dont usually check this part of the forum so I missed until now...

I´ve tried a few of them and I like the empower-mint and orignal mate...they´re nice alternatives to soda...they´re sweetened but not as much as soda and it´s cut a bit with the bitterness from the mate...makes for a nice refreshing RTD great for hot summer afternoons...which I hope will come soon :mrgreen:

Did you try the Rasberry?
I was going to review pomegranate but, seeing as how I hate that fruit I would likely be too bias to give a good review so feel free to add your thoughts on it here if you are going to try some.
also I'm not looking forward to the summer here.
SlientSipper

Instant Messenger

Permissions