Guayaki Bottled Mate Reviews.

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Mar 27th, '11, 01:01

Guayaki Bottled Mate Reviews.

by SlientSipper » Mar 27th, '11, 01:01

I have taken it upon myself to review a series of bottled Mate's
that can be bought at whole foods for $1.97 a bottle. The bottle claims to be campaigning for a nobel cause to help the enviroment. To learn more about it you might want to check out their website.
www.guayaki.com/restore

No I do not own or represent the company in anyway. I am merely a drinker with an opinion.

I don't have much time on my lap top to be as thorough as I want but, I will attempt to be useful. So I apologize in advanced if this seems rushed.

First to be reviewed.
Empower-Mint.

This mate was obviously minty. but, not too minty. Just the right amount of mint. I would recommend this to mint lovers. The energy boost was almost immediate for me but, it didn't last long and I never noticed a crash. The smell was great and so was the body.
It was good to the last drop. Though, the bottle could be a little bit bigger. Color didn't seem pleasent but, what can you do?
I give this mate an 9.5/10 Worth a shot.

Next up.

Orginal mate. So the bottle says that it was created with the help of a man who came from the Mate growing region of Argentina. Only problem is that its lightly sweetened. Errrr It was a little too sweet for me but, not enough to be undrinkable or anything. I didn't really feel an energy boost from this one. But, I am quite used to caffeine in my system so I can't be sure of all of you. I prefer my teas to be traditional anyway.
I give this one a 7.5/10

Lastly we have.

Pure Passion.
This is mate mixed with passion fruit.
I am normally not a fan of fruit blended teas but, this is quite an exception. This has a nice body to it. the smell reminds me of a tropical island. Very rich in fragrance. I don't really feel much of an energy boost from it but, I do feel refreshed. It was the most thirst quenching of the three. Again, this indeed on the sweet side. The bottle sizes are all the same. It could be a bit bigger but, that's not too disheartening.
I give this a 9/10.

I might make a few more reviews before I go to Japan.

Mar 28th, '11, 15:48

Re: Guayaki Bottled Mate Reviews.

by chamomileteaguy » Mar 28th, '11, 15:48

very interesting post, thanks for the good read. Looks like something I might want to try myself. Thanks again!

Apr 4th, '11, 01:01

by SlientSipper » Apr 4th, '11, 01:01

Guess no one else cares about the rest of my review? :(

Apr 4th, '11, 01:06
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 4th, '11, 01:06

Impressive review, I guess not a lot of interest in mate on the forum right now.

Apr 4th, '11, 01:09

by SlientSipper » Apr 4th, '11, 01:09

Chip wrote:Impressive review, I guess not a lot of interest in mate on the forum right now.
Apparently so, I don't know what possessed me to believe that people might want to stray away from the traditional Camellia Sinensis for a moment.
oh well.

Apr 27th, '11, 23:03

by entropyembrace » Apr 27th, '11, 23:03

I dont usually check this part of the forum so I missed until now...

I´ve tried a few of them and I like the empower-mint and orignal mate...they´re nice alternatives to soda...they´re sweetened but not as much as soda and it´s cut a bit with the bitterness from the mate...makes for a nice refreshing RTD great for hot summer afternoons...which I hope will come soon :mrgreen:

May 1st, '11, 01:41

by SlientSipper » May 1st, '11, 01:41

entropyembrace wrote:I dont usually check this part of the forum so I missed until now...

I´ve tried a few of them and I like the empower-mint and orignal mate...they´re nice alternatives to soda...they´re sweetened but not as much as soda and it´s cut a bit with the bitterness from the mate...makes for a nice refreshing RTD great for hot summer afternoons...which I hope will come soon :mrgreen:
Did you try the Rasberry?
I was going to review pomegranate but, seeing as how I hate that fruit I would likely be too bias to give a good review so feel free to add your thoughts on it here if you are going to try some.
also I'm not looking forward to the summer here.

+ Post Reply