Greetings from Northern Virginia

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

Apr 4th, '11, 22:11

Greetings from Northern Virginia

by mjanowich » Apr 4th, '11, 22:11

Hello all. I've been a reader of TeaChat for a few months now and decided to say hi. I've seemed to develop a budding obsession with Japanese green teas and teaware and have recently purchased my first kyusu and houhin. Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll have them in my hands and be able to brew a "proper" cup of sencha. My only concern is that I selected Airmail for shipping and after placing the order I read on the Yuuki-cha site that Airmail shouldn't be used for shipping fragile objects :( Hopefully they get here and I don't have a pile of fragments in the box.

If anyone has had any teapots shipped via Airmail please feel free to chime in and hopefully put my worries at ease.

Thanks for your time,
Michael

Apr 4th, '11, 22:15

Re: Greetings from Northern Virginia

by iannon » Apr 4th, '11, 22:15

mjanowich wrote:Hello all. I've been a reader of TeaChat for a few months now and decided to say hi. I've seemed to develop a budding obsession with Japanese green teas and teaware and have recently purchased my first kyusu and houhin. Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll have them in my hands and be able to brew a "proper" cup of sencha. My only concern is that I selected Airmail for shipping and after placing the order I read on the Yuuki-cha site that Airmail shouldn't be used for shipping fragile objects :( Hopefully they get here and I don't have a pile of fragments in the box.

If anyone has had any teapots shipped via Airmail please feel free to chime in and hopefully put my worries at ease.

Thanks for your time,
Michael
Hello and welcome!
I have many had pottery sent airmail quite often and havent had anything bad happen ..yet! now see .wait...ive got one in airmail on the way now! what if i just jinxed myself!? :?

Apr 4th, '11, 22:19
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 4th, '11, 22:19

Airmail is not as good as SAL. I think that is my understanding.

Apr 4th, '11, 22:24

by iannon » Apr 4th, '11, 22:24

Chip wrote:Airmail is not as good as SAL. I think that is my understanding.
oh yea..mine went SAL..nevermind..still..knocking wood

Apr 5th, '11, 02:10

by Nenugal » Apr 5th, '11, 02:10

mjanowich wrote:Hello all. I've been a reader of TeaChat for a few months now and decided to say hi. I've seemed to develop a budding obsession with Japanese green teas and teaware and have recently purchased my first kyusu and houhin. Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll have them in my hands and be able to brew a "proper" cup of sencha. My only concern is that I selected Airmail for shipping and after placing the order I read on the Yuuki-cha site that Airmail shouldn't be used for shipping fragile objects :( Hopefully they get here and I don't have a pile of fragments in the box.

Thanks for your time,
Michael
I've had three kyusus and one houhin shipped with airmail (not SAL) from Japan with no problem. That is 4 separate airmail packages with no damage to either of them :)

Apr 5th, '11, 10:32

by mjanowich » Apr 5th, '11, 10:32

Thanks for all the replies. Nenugal, you definitely put my worries at ease. Now if they would hurry up and get here!

Michael

May 8th, '11, 15:09

by night.owl » May 8th, '11, 15:09

Hi there! I'm from Northern Virginia, too, but I've only been lurking a few weeks. I've started experimenting with different teas myself, probably over the last six months or so, and now I've discovered the world of Yixing teapots (I already have five in my collection, this could get dangerous fast!)

Anyway, I have some experience with airmail, two pots arrived safe and sound. I have another on the way, I'll keep my fingers crossed -- for both of us!

+ Post Reply