OTTI Round Schedules

"Official Tea Tasting Initiative" Teas shared & discussed.

Re: OTTI Round Schedules

Postby Chip » Jan 10th, '11, 11:17

Drax wrote: Hm, crazy. My alarm clock (a cheap $15 one) automatically adjusts for DST, and this board does not? :lol:

Yeah it is pretty funny. phpbb is supposedly the world's largest online forum software, etc. supplier (according to their marketing criteria anyway :lol: ). Last I looked we had the most up to date version.

There are so many settings, yet a simple one like this should be automatic if you choose a time zone affected by DST and ST. :roll:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby TwoPynts » Jan 10th, '11, 12:22

6PM EST?
For many of us, that is rush hour time, or at least transit between home and work. I know that I won't be at a computer then. A shame, I was really looking forward to this one. Ah well, I'll PM when I can, but I fear it shall be too late. I realize you can't make everyone happy though.
:(
TwoPynts

Postby JRS22 » Jan 10th, '11, 16:38

Chip wrote:
Drax wrote: Hm, crazy. My alarm clock (a cheap $15 one) automatically adjusts for DST, and this board does not? :lol:

Yeah it is pretty funny. phpbb is supposedly the world's largest online forum software, etc. supplier (according to their marketing criteria anyway :lol: ). Last I looked we had the most up to date version.

There are so many settings, yet a simple one like this should be automatic if you choose a time zone affected by DST and ST. :roll:

At first I thought this was unreasonable expectation because there are places in the US (maybe whole states) that don't participate in DST but don't have their own time zones. But it's worse than that - the question is actually:

Summer Time/DST is in effect:

Now I had originally checked yes because I live in NJ and we observe DST. Then I posted and the time was wrong - maybe because DST isn't in effect right now. So does that mean I have to go into the control panel twice a year to change this setting? That seems like something the software should address.

Note: The time on this posting is correct, but the previous one appears to have been posted at 4:30 pm. If I'm really going back in time I should invest in some raw puerh that turned out well.
JRS22

Postby argus » Jan 10th, '11, 18:57

everybody ready?
argus

Postby solitude » Apr 3rd, '11, 05:08

what about the next OTTI?
solitude

Postby Chip » Apr 6th, '11, 12:15

solitude wrote:what about the next OTTI?

Thanks for asking!

The tragic events in Japan have slowed but hopefully not stopped the next OTTI which was scheduled as the first is a series of super premium Gyokuro tastings.

Hopefully I will be able to pull it back together, but now there is the added distraction of the upcoming Shincha.

I would hate to scratch this tasting series as pretty much time and thought has already gone into it. :mrgreen:

Stay tuned ...........
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby solitude » Apr 8th, '11, 16:42

OTTI is an excellent idea, opportunity to taste and learn for us, and for the tea shops advertise them selves.

I am a shincha virgin and I would like to change it this year but the situation is complicated as we all know.
On the other hand there is big selection of different teas from china or taiwan.
solitude

Postby Chip » May 7th, '11, 13:58

solitude wrote:OTTI is an excellent idea, opportunity to taste and learn for us, and for the tea shops advertise them selves.

I am a shincha virgin and I would like to change it this year but the situation is complicated as we all know.
On the other hand there is big selection of different teas from china or taiwan.

ShinChOTTI X 2! :mrgreen:

I am currently working on dual ... dueling ... concurrently running OTTI rounds. One round will be asamushi and the other will be fuka/chumushi. So, there should be a total of 10 shincha!

I am also beginning work on Chinese Green OTTI, Wuyi OTTI, and another Oolong OTTI. I would like to do a Darjeeling OTTI, we will have to wait and see.
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Nenugal » May 7th, '11, 16:49

Chip wrote:
solitude wrote:OTTI is an excellent idea, opportunity to taste and learn for us, and for the tea shops advertise them selves.

I am currently working on dual ... dueling ... concurrently running OTTI rounds. One round will be asamushi and the other will be fuka/chumushi. So, there should be a total of 10 shincha!

I am also beginning work on Chinese Green OTTI, Wuyi OTTI, and another Oolong OTTI. I would like to do a Darjeeling OTTI, we will have to wait and see.

Very interesting :mrgreen:
Nenugal

Postby senchalover » May 7th, '11, 18:44

Organic shincha would be right up my alley. :)
senchalover

Postby Chip » May 7th, '11, 18:57

senchalover wrote:Organic shincha would be right up my alley. :)

I have added this to my list!!! Well, it was already on. :wink:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby solitude » May 8th, '11, 07:26

Chip wrote:

wow, it sounds reeeaaalllly good :shock:
solitude

Postby shinobicha » May 19th, '11, 14:52

Ok Chip, when do we start Shincha OTTI?? :D
shinobicha

Postby Chip » Jun 28th, '11, 00:49

... look for info on ShinchOTTI 2011 ... very soon!!! :mrgreen:
Chip
Mod/Admin

Postby Drax » Jun 28th, '11, 07:09

Chip wrote:... look for info on ShinchOTTI 2011 ... very soon!!! :mrgreen:

Is this the "rock your world" announcement? Or will that be something else...? :D
Drax

PreviousNext

Instant Messenger

Permissions