New Tearoom

Learn about tea-related establishments open across the world.

New Tearoom

Postby birdiebyepie » Jul 27th, '05, 12:54

I just visited the island of Martha's Vineyard and found a new tearoom open just this year. There doesn't seem to be another one anywhere on the island. They have a life sized, old Butler, standing outside the door, in Winter Street, Edgartown. This is a great new place! The couple here are English and their style is 'spot on'! I have been to alot of tearooms in London and this is just lbeing back there - ( if not better, because the couple there are so friendly). The tea is better than some places in New York. They sell all kinds of great stuff and vintage items.
It has great atmosphere, people talking to one another across the tables. Only small, though.
If you are there this summer, you should definately give it a look.
Does anyone else know this place, and if so, did you take a phone number, as I can't find them in Directory Listings and I'd like to order some stuff?
birdiebyepie

English Butler Tearoom on Martha's Vineyard

Postby lrd0531 » Aug 24th, '05, 14:44

I agree with your review. I stopped by just a week ago when there on vacation. What a lovely little tearoom with excellent scones and clotted cream, not to mention the best tea! Their phone is: 508-627-1013 and e-mail: uktea_mv@hotmail.com. Their website is having some problems (www.unitedkingdomtea.com), but hope to have it fixed soon. I also love their selection of tea-related and other gift items. The owners told me they just opened in May 2005 after owning an antiques store in England. Although the tearoom only has 3 tables, they are beautifully set with real tablecloths and lovely china. All in all, it's a gem! I will cetainly return on my future trips to the island (I go several times a year).
lrd0531

Instant Messenger

Permissions