Mother's Day 2011, Have tea, will travel?"

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is whether you will, "have tea, will travel" today, Mother's Day. So share if/how you will or did deal with tea today!

Yes, I am visiting Mom with tea in tow
No votes
No, I am visiting Mom, but roughing it TeaWise
12%
Family is visiting my home, so, plenty of tea on hand
24%
Just a normal day for me, with hopefully lots of tea
47%
Other, please share
18%

Total votes: 17

May 8th, '11, 02:16
Scrolling: scrolling

Mother's Day 2011, Have tea, will travel?"

by Chip » May 8th, '11, 02:16

Happy Mother's Day, Moms!!!

I hope you still manage to squeeze in plenty of tea. Come here and share through out the day what is in your cup. Also check out what everyone else is drinking as well!

Friday and Saturday we discussed, "How long does it take to pick your next tea to drink on average." Please continue to vote and discuss this topic.

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic is whether you will, "have tea, will travel" today, Mother's Day. So share if/how you will or did deal with tea today!

I am looking forward to hearing what is in everyone's cup today. Bottoms up.

May 8th, '11, 03:22

Re: Mother's Day 2011, Have tea, will travel?"

by karmaplace » May 8th, '11, 03:22

My family's on the other side of the world, so sadly there will be no traveling or visits today. The good news is that I can have lots of tea at home. Plus, my Mother's Day gifts in the past couple years have been very tea-centric; last year I bought my mother a hot water dispenser (so she could stop boiling water in pans on the electric stove), and this year I sent her a Korean-style infuser mug, a tea scoop, and two different Korean teas. :mrgreen:

Apricot fusion in my cup today. I started in the morning and it's been carrying me through the afternoon as well. I'm planning on switching to an oolong later.

May 8th, '11, 04:08

by Nenugal » May 8th, '11, 04:08

Just a normal day here in Norway, where Mother's Day is celebrated second Sunday in February. Still I wish happy Mother's Day to all mothers who celebrate it today :)
Today I plan to drink lots of tea, but the details are not yet worked out.

May 8th, '11, 05:32

by David R. » May 8th, '11, 05:32

In France, Mother's Day is the last sunday of May, the 29th this year.

Finishing up my stock of Kawane Zairai Sencha from Hojo.

May 8th, '11, 06:36
Vendor Member

by Xell » May 8th, '11, 06:36

My parents are about 8.000km far away, so can't bring them any tea personally :(

My tea day today was quite interesting.
In the morning i had yame "88 nights" shincha, then went to visit one person where i tried some more shincha. Including shincha from Ureshino, which i'm now drinking again, but at home :) And finally i prepared my first cup of matcha! First try was usucha, seems i was lucky and it turned out really well. Then i went for koicha, but seems with this lower grade yame matcha it's not for me, really creamy taste, but slightly bitter notes appeared, i prefer usucha without bitterness at all. Tomorrow will get some milk and prepare matcha au lait, i tried this already from ready mix in a paper stick, hope i can make even more tasty one.

May 8th, '11, 06:47

by Drax » May 8th, '11, 06:47

My mother is about a thousand miles away, so no sharing of tea with her this morning. And not really much time for tea at all, as I have to rush and get ready to set up the sound equipment at church.

I did get to try my first glass of kefir. Pretty close to drinking a thinned greek yogurt. Mmm!

In any case, will probably dive into some oolong when I get back... have a great TeaDay, everybody!

May 8th, '11, 08:04

by brlarson » May 8th, '11, 08:04

We celebrated Mother's Day with my Mom yesterday, and I'm off to the refuge for the day.

Will be drinking Seven Cups DHP from my thermos all day.

May 8th, '11, 08:24

by JBaymore » May 8th, '11, 08:24

Wish I could visit my mom; she's been gone a very long time.

Will celebrate for my wife..... who is the mother to our two great kids....who both live far away.

There will be tea today.

best,

.............john

May 8th, '11, 10:26

by debunix » May 8th, '11, 10:26

No traveling, no tea with Mom today. She visited me last weekend and we celebrated then. And despite my best efforts--brewing some especially fragrant, newly opened TGY for her to sip a few months ago--she still just is not interested in tea, although she used to make pitchers of iced lipton often in the summertime.

I feel a need for Sencha this morning, and after that will start back on the puerh session from yesterday in my tiniest yixing pot. It's the 60s Guang Yun Gong from Essence of Tea, and it has many infusions yet to go.

May 8th, '11, 12:02

by artmom » May 8th, '11, 12:02

Tea for me; visits from sons. Youngest has already stopped by; the oldest will probably show up shortly. They have been to church; one church gets out sooner than the other one does. :D

Golden Lion Assam this a.m. Yum.

May 8th, '11, 14:00

by jaderabbit » May 8th, '11, 14:00

I'm still at school prepping for finals so my parents drove down and my mom brought me the tea I ordered last week. I haven't had a chance to drink it though b/c I had to go to the library and study right after lunch. OH TEA WHEN WILL WE MEET AGAIN?? Maybe tonight...

May 8th, '11, 14:58

by manekineko » May 8th, '11, 14:58

Normal day for me, I'm afraid; my mom lives in England and I'm in the States. Looks like single tea service + skype for me!

May 8th, '11, 15:32

by Chip » May 8th, '11, 15:32

I will be visiting mom and ailing dad today. I might take a tea along, though I really do not think there will be time. I am the only local sibling, so it will be a pretty subdued celebration all the way around.

Began the TD with Kurogi Yame sencha from Umami-Chaya with the Mrs. Next up ... ?

May 9th, '11, 12:42

by entropyembrace » May 9th, '11, 12:42

Family came here yesterday and this was dinner and dessert....pizza caserole and coffee cake....and I brewed up some Yunnan hong cha :mrgreen: