May 16th, '11, 23:05

AdamMY Offer Spring 2011 Teaware Sale

by AdamMY » May 16th, '11, 23:05

I am cleaning out my teaware collection. If the price is given and followed with the word "Shipped" that stands for within the Continental US. If you would like it shipped to outside the US or Alaska or Hawaii, the price will be adjusted to account for the increase in shipping prices.

Yamane Seigan So 11 Ao Tebineri Kyusu $ 100 (does not include shipping).

This piece is huge, but amazing to hold and look at. The truth is I just can not drink enough tea to make me feel like I am using it even at half capacity.

Jason Fasi, Chawan $35 Shipped

Called by Jason "California Hagi", somewhat small but still large enough to whisk Matcha.

Tsuchiya Ikkou Chawan $ 35 Shipped

A Tall sided Chawan with a nice dimple in one side. An interesting Seafoam green Chawan.

Please PM any inquiries.
Last edited by AdamMY on Jun 5th, '11, 22:57, edited 3 times in total.

May 16th, '11, 23:10

Re: AdamMY Offer Spring 2011 Teaware Sale

by AdamMY » May 16th, '11, 23:10

Realized I missed one:

Teavana Double Walled Glass Chawan $5 (does not include shipping).

May 17th, '11, 01:20

by karmaplace » May 17th, '11, 01:20

I want that Ice Split but I just bought a davidv7's Bizen chawan and a vintage celadon set from togei and spent all my tea budget. :cry: I'm jealous of whoever grabs it. You're giving up some really amazing pieces.

May 17th, '11, 11:19

by AdamMY » May 17th, '11, 11:19

I have only had inquiries about the Guinomi. Though nothing is finalized yet.

May 19th, '11, 23:04

by AdamMY » May 19th, '11, 23:04

The pieces marked Sold have been Sold, everything else is still up for grabs. Just letting everyone know.

May 19th, '11, 23:06

by heatwaves » May 19th, '11, 23:06

How many ounces or ml does the ice split hold? I was trying to find the SO #10 thread, but I couldn't seem to locate it.

May 20th, '11, 06:35
Scrolling: scrolling

by Drax » May 20th, '11, 06:35

heatwaves wrote:How many ounces or ml does the ice split hold? I was trying to find the SO #10 thread, but I couldn't seem to locate it.
For whatever reason, there is no SO #10 thread. I would have said that "it went really fast," but so did the Spirits one...

The one that I have holds probably holds ~10-12oz. It's juuuust big enough to make matcha in, but will be tight w/ the average-sized whisk (in my opinion).

May 20th, '11, 06:45

by Chip » May 20th, '11, 06:45

Drax wrote:
heatwaves wrote:How many ounces or ml does the ice split hold? I was trying to find the SO #10 thread, but I couldn't seem to locate it.
For whatever reason, there is no SO #10 thread. I would have said that "it went really fast," but so did the Spirits one...

The one that I have holds probably holds ~10-12oz. It's juuuust big enough to make matcha in, but will be tight w/ the average-sized whisk (in my opinion).
I use it for sencha when it is warmer out, it fills the bowl around 1/3 ... very enjoyable! Definitely not a gong fu cup! :lol:

I looked for the IceSplit topic w/o success. Very odd. I even remember the discussions in the topic. :?

May 20th, '11, 07:35

by Drax » May 20th, '11, 07:35

Chip wrote:
Drax wrote:

I use it for sencha when it is warmer out, it fills the bowl around 1/3 ... very enjoyable! Definitely not a gong fu cup! :lol:

I looked for the IceSplit topic w/o success. Very odd. I even remember the discussions in the topic. :?
I didn't really start paying attention to the SOs until #12 (shocker, I know, please take a moment to recover and compose yourself). At that time, I remember looking through all the past ones and I never found #10. I saw people talking about it in other threads and how fast it went, but I never saw any pictures, so the thread had 'vanished' by that point at least.

In any case, the Ice Splits are a bit of a rarity regardless. I think I've seen the style only pop up once, maybe twice, on Mago's offerings in the last year or so.

May 20th, '11, 07:53

by Chip » May 20th, '11, 07:53

Drax wrote:
Chip wrote:
Drax wrote:

I didn't really start paying attention to the SOs until #12 (shocker, I know, please take a moment to recover and compose yourself). At that time, I remember looking through all the past ones and I never found #10. I saw people talking about it in other threads and how fast it went, but I never saw any pictures, so the thread had 'vanished' by that point at least.

In any case, the Ice Splits are a bit of a rarity regardless. I think I've seen the style only pop up once, maybe twice, on Mago's offerings in the last year or so.
Yes, very rare. This SO took over 6 months to finally happen as I recall. There were 3 SOs running virtually concurrently, the Icesplit topic seems to have fallen into a crack. Yeah, they went extremely fast as do most Hagi SOs.

The 6 months included at least 3 failed attempts to produce a successful run! I actually saw a few of the previous runs that were mediocre at best selling on the internet at discounted prices. But Seigan nor Mago felt any of these were suitable for our Hagi SO program! I actually never even got to see them until they popped up on the another site.

May 20th, '11, 08:59

by AdamMY » May 20th, '11, 08:59

Drax I will measure it later today then PM you the answer. If anyone else is interested in Volumes of anything, just pm me.

May 20th, '11, 09:25

by Drax » May 20th, '11, 09:25

AdamMY wrote:Drax I will measure it later today then PM you the answer. If anyone else is interested in Volumes of anything, just pm me.
Thanks, Adam, but no need! I was lucky to pick up one from Abracadaver. Heatwaves was the original one asking... :D

I'm happy to continue to plug the coolness of the ice split, though. . . 8)

Jun 5th, '11, 22:59

by AdamMY » Jun 5th, '11, 22:59

Bump....

I have removed all sold items, and everything left is still up for sale.

Jul 10th, '11, 21:11

by AdamMY » Jul 10th, '11, 21:11

Chip,

Can you lock this? I am away from the pieces for awhile, and will re-list items later if I decide to sell them again.