Tuesday/Wednesday TeaDay 5/24-25/11 TEATEATEATEATEA?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Today's TeaPoll and discussion topic. Could you drink the same tea, day in, day out, day after day, week after week, etc.? Please share of course.

Yes, absolutely
10%
Yes, I think so
6%
Maybe
32%
Not likely
26%
Definitely not
23%
Other, please share
3%

Total votes: 31

May 24th, '11, 23:56
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tuesday TeaDay 5/24/11 TEATEATEATEATEA?

by Chip » May 24th, '11, 23:56

General tea, I could repeat indefinitely ... that being sencha. However a specific selection repeated even more than once a day, even my fave YM, would bore me silly. So, I would not even make it to day 2. :mrgreen:

This becomes a real challenge when drinking Japanese greens day after day, when only having 2-3 open at a time.

Today, began with that all time fave Yutaka Midori from O-C with the Mrs., but I could only do one session. Moved on to an organic sencha from Umami-Chaya and finally Fujitsubo Gyokur from the O-C.

Busy day with SSO 15 Sendai, Relief for Japan. There are still some great pieces available! http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=15677

May 25th, '11, 00:36

by Skippyandjif » May 25th, '11, 00:36

Maybe...? It would have to be a pu-erh or a green, and a REALLY good one. I do tend to drink pu-erh, yunnan black, or rose congou as my first tea of the day, and then greens, whites, or tisanes later on, for some reason. But that's as close to drinking the same tea every day as I get.

Thai tea this morning (er, afternoon...woke up REALLY late :lol: ); currently sipping on some delicious hojicha.

May 25th, '11, 01:35

by Chip » May 25th, '11, 01:35

Busy busy yesterday. So yesterday's TeaDay rolls over into Wednesday.

Please continue to discuss yesterday's topic, share what is in your cup, and talk about whatever comes to your TeaMind.

Bonus, related topic. How often do you repeat the same tea in the same day, in consecutive days, etc.? Please share.

May 25th, '11, 03:10

by Nenugal » May 25th, '11, 03:10

This morning starts with Chinese green Yang Yan Gou Qing and also a first taste of the Tsuen Aoi Shincha. After a session of 4-5 infusions of a tea, I rarely return to the same tea the same day. However, I often have the same tea multiple days in a row, especially now in Shincha season. :mrgreen:

May 25th, '11, 04:19
Vendor Member

by IPT » May 25th, '11, 04:19

I think I would get bored if I drank the same tea day after day. I generally do not drink the same tea twice in a day and some favorite teas I only drink on special occasions to ensure they do not become too common and lose their specialness. Wait. "Specialness?" Is that a word? :roll:

May 25th, '11, 07:30

by Drax » May 25th, '11, 07:30

The only time I've ever repeated the same tea in a day is when I'm fiddling with brewing parameters, or doing taste comparisons (or taste tests).

And the only time beyond that would be if I wanted to test-brew a tea before sharing it with others (so that I wasn't testing it on friends).

A powerful storm quickly ripped through the area yesterday afternoon and I came home to no power... even when I left for work this morning! So no tea at home last night. Ah well....

May 25th, '11, 14:26

Re: Tuesday/Wednesday TeaDay 5/24-25/11 TEATEATEATEATEA?

by Chip » May 25th, '11, 14:26

After a crazy day yesterday filled with getting as much accomplished with the Hagi SSO Sendai, today is a bit calmer ...

Now there is the next TA SO and OTTIs!!! :lol:

TD began again with Yutaka Midori LE with the Mrs. Some wares from Korea arrived mid session! :mrgreen:

May 25th, '11, 14:34

by teaisme » May 25th, '11, 14:34

if its good enough I wouldn't mind some repetition.

Some ruby black #18, again
I have prob drank one session of a ruby or assam #8 almost everyday since beginning of February. The whole leaf versions of these teas seem to lose something if kept for too long so I have been trying to finish the open canisters. (yeah I opened too many at once...)

Some ruby and dong ding for work.

May 25th, '11, 15:15

by gargoylekitty » May 25th, '11, 15:15

I would if I had do, but I wouldn't want to.
Drax wrote:A powerful storm quickly ripped through the area yesterday afternoon and I came home to no power... even when I left for work this morning! So no tea at home last night. Ah well....
That sucks, my lights only flickered. Did you hear about the high school with the bleachers getting knocked over by the wind? That storm came out of nowhere.

Contemplating some sakura sencha or finishing off the last of the Maruyama before work.

May 25th, '11, 15:27

by Chip » May 25th, '11, 15:27

Bonus, related topic. How often do you repeat the same tea in the same day, in consecutive days, etc.? Please share.
Actually never in the same day that I can recall. I mean not a single time in 12 years.

Since I will only open 2-3 sencha at a time, I have them on consecutive days virtually every day.
Gargoyle... wrote:
Drax wrote:A powerful storm quickly ripped through the area yesterday afternoon and I came home to no power... even when I left for work this morning! So no tea at home last night. Ah well....
That sucks, my lights only flickered. Did you hear about the high school with the bleachers getting knocked over by the wind? That storm came out of nowhere.

Contemplating some sakura sencha or finishing off the last of the Maruyama before work.
Really wild and dangerous weather so far this year! I would if I had do, but I wouldn't want to.

May 25th, '11, 21:59

by nickE » May 25th, '11, 21:59

I definitely could not. I'd get bored really quick. I don't even need the caffeine. :shock:

My Shincha Kinari from Maiko came in yesterday, but I'm not home to pick it up! I know what I'll be doing this Friday. :idea:

May 26th, '11, 06:31

by Drax » May 26th, '11, 06:31

gargoylekitty wrote:I would if I had do, but I wouldn't want to.

Yikes...! I saw that a couple of VB schools closed, and of course they close HOV...

Fortunately my power was back on when I got home yesterday. I was very glad, especially when you hear stories about people losing power for weeks, and I don't have much confidence in our local government :lol: